The Student Room Group

UCAS Points University Help??

So, currently I'm undertaking two A-level equivalents and an A-level. I'm not sure what universities I can go to, and so now I'm looking for universities that accept UCAS points. Can I have some recommendations? I'll probably get a final grade of Distinction, B & A.
This suggest 2 A levels A & B and a BTEC Distinction. If I am right over this you have effectively A,A,B and could apply to any university asking for AAB. If the A or B are not in A level what qualification and subject do you have. Maybe you should list exactly what you are taking so you can get better help.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
This suggest 2 A levels A & B and a BTEC Distinction. If I am right over this you have effectively A,A,B and could apply to any university asking for AAB. If the A or B are not in A level what qualification and subject do you have. Maybe you should list exactly what you are taking so you can get better help.

Hi! I am studying for a btec (you were right) and a diploma in crim, and an ancient history a level. They are all a level equivalents. I worry this won't be enough to apply to most universities. Thanks for replying :smile:
Original post by hrfHolly
Hi! I am studying for a btec (you were right) and a diploma in crim, and an ancient history a level. They are all a level equivalents. I worry this won't be enough to apply to most universities. Thanks for replying :smile:

The first thing is that you are probably studying the WJEC level 3 diploma in Criminology which some top universities dont accept. Those universities that do accept it will accept you as having 2xAs and a B.

Universities at that level dont look at ucas points. They look at grades and will consider you as having AAB. You wont be at a disadvantage as long as your BTEC is considered an academic subject and this is usually a BTEC in Business or Applied Science. There are a few others they accept and what they accept is different for each university.

What you need to do is look for universities who ask for a range of grades between AAA and BBB and apply there. You dont say what the BTEC was in or what subject you intend studying.
Reply 4
The first thing is that you are probably studying the WJEC level 3 diploma in Criminology which some top universities dont accept. Those universities that do accept it will accept you as having 2xAs and a B.

Universities at that level dont look at ucas points. They look at grades and will consider you as having AAB. You wont be at a disadvantage as long as your BTEC is considered an academic subject and this is usually a BTEC in Business or Applied Science. There are a few others they accept and what they accept is different for each university.

What you need to do is look for universities who ask for a range of grades between AAA and BBB and apply there. You dont say what the BTEC was in or what subject you intend studying.

Wow this is very helpful! The BTEC is in applied law, and I plan on studying ancient history/history in university.
Wow this is very helpful! The BTEC is in applied law, and I plan on studying ancient history/history in university.

Try ringing the following later. Due to the mixed nature of your subjects you need to check who will accept them.
Aberystwyth, Bangor, Cardiff, Swansea, Exeter, Reading, Royal Holloway, Southampton, Liverpool, Lancaster, York, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester, East Anglia, Kent and maybe others.

It is important you rig now so you can get your application in.
Reply 6
Try ringing the following later. Due to the mixed nature of your subjects you need to check who will accept them.
Aberystwyth, Bangor, Cardiff, Swansea, Exeter, Reading, Royal Holloway, Southampton, Liverpool, Lancaster, York, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester, East Anglia, Kent and maybe others.

It is important you rig now so you can get your application in.

Alright will do, thank you so much! <3
So, currently I'm undertaking two A-level equivalents and an A-level. I'm not sure what universities I can go to, and so now I'm looking for universities that accept UCAS points. Can I have some recommendations? I'll probably get a final grade of Distinction, B & A.

Hi there @hrfHolly - I hope you're doing well! 😇

As @swanseajack1 mentioned, a BTEC Diploma and two A-Levels may be considered in conjunction with each other, and provide enough UCAS points to enter onto a programme of your choice, depending on the University! :smartass:

Definitely it is best to have a ring through to any Universities you are considering, just as a way to query it quickly, and to confirm that they would consider this combination.📞☎️❓️

Here is a helpful link to UCAS stating a bit more about the Key Dates for applications: UCAS Deadlines | When To Apply For University Courses

I hope this helps! Best wishes😊

-Rose🌹, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending