The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1 7408/1 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Do you guys do multiple choice qs at the end, what is the best way to manage time in general cause Mcqs do take quite a time and I had to guess like 7-8 in the mock I did in school.
Original post by fluffypoopies
stressed as f lol wbu

stressing will only **** you over. with these exams we need to show them the absolute best of our potential - stress will have you missing points in the question or miscalculating values etc. you gotta be dialed in. eat well before the exam, maybe get some exercise in. don't have a coffee right before or you'll crash. gl. light work
Not ready :’)
deffo not ready lmfao
try like booklets full of mcq!! www.umutech.net has quite a few of them and time urself by counting up how many qs there are and that should help esp with time management

Original post by yumnum444
Do you guys do multiple choice qs at the end, what is the best way to manage time in general cause Mcqs do take quite a time and I had to guess like 7-8 in the mock I did in school.
why are the markschemes for long answer Qs so tough bruh
Original post by chiefkeeff

ikrrrr like let me just have my mark
Original post by _sabz_
ikrrrr like let me just have my mark

its like u cant say constructive interference you have to say SuPErPosiTion and other bs like that
its like u cant say constructive interference you have to say SuPErPosiTion and other bs like that

EXACTLYYYY like why am i missing out on my mark coz i used literal synonyms
Is anyones physics exam at 9am or is everyone’s at 1:30pm
Original post by Danyaalm
Is anyones physics exam at 9am or is everyone’s at 1:30pm

Mine is at 1:30 pm
What time are you guys waking up and how much revision are you planning to do before the exam?
I wake up at 7 so there is quite some time before the exam so I'm planning to do some revision but not too much because I don't want to burnout.
The AQA a level further maths exam was dreadful, so my only guess is that AQA will make physics extra difficult too. Best of luck though everyone, but I doubt it will be a pretty paper :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by abifray
The AQA a level further maths exam was dreadful, so my only guess is that AQA will make physics extra difficult too. Best of luck though everyone, but I doubt it will be a pretty paper :smile:

maybe the multiple choice questions can save us
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by h.h.
maybe the multiple choice question can save us

Yeah honestly thank god for multiple choice. I don’t think i’ll do much revision tomorrow at all, maybe read over some flashcards.
Reply 55
Original post by yumnum444

I normally work through the longer questions first, but whenever I get stuck on something in one of them, I go and do a few multiple choice before coming back; usually this helps. Most of the time I'll still have a few multiple choice left after I've finished the longer questions, so then I work through them, with the knowledge that If i'm short on time I can always guess for a 1/4 chance.

Ngl I feel like our teachers can be over strict with the marking sometimes to try prepare us for the exam. I’ve obvs done a bunch myself without the teacher marking and they’re not so bad, there’s just occasionally underlined words you need to write but otherwise it’s pretty chill.
Original post by abifray

As long as there isn’t a 6 marker on mechanics we good. Genuinely hate describing mechanics in words just let me do maths pls
Original post by naash_123
What time are you guys waking up and how much revision are you planning to do before the exam?
I wake up at 7 so there is quite some time before the exam so I'm planning to do some revision but not too much because I don't want to burnout.

made the mistake of doing last min revision so im doing quite a few qs on electricity and periodic motion :frown:
how much time do you guys have left by the time youve finished all the qs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending