The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1 7408/1 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chiefkeeff
how much time do you guys have left by the time youve finished all the qs?

Ngl really depends. In my mock, my paper 1 was pretty good so I had like a good 30 minutes or more to do the MC, but paper 2 was not so good and I had like 20 to do them all.
Original post by chiefkeeff
how much time do you guys have left by the time youve finished all the qs?

I normally have minutes 😭😭
What order do you guys do the paper in? Do you do all the longer answer questions and then the multiple choice at the end?
Original post by cata03
What order do you guys do the paper in? Do you do all the longer answer questions and then the multiple choice at the end?

That is what I have always done yeah, and like someone above said, if there is a question I can't do, I'll do a few MC and come back to it.
Reply 64
MPQs tend to take a lot of time after question 16-17 ish. They feel like 3 marks questions.
Original post by cata03

I tend to read over all of the long answer questions, underlining important info to get the gears turning, then warm up on a few MCQs, maybe 10. Then move on to long answer Qs, hardest first.
Reply 66
for MCQs are you supposed to put an X or a Dot
How many marks do you think will be allotted to different topics, since the advance info ranks topics in order of mark allocation? From past papers, it seems like one topic has a lot more marks than others.
Original post by cc2k22
I tend to read over all of the long answer questions, underlining important info to get the gears turning, then warm up on a few MCQs, maybe 10. Then move on to long answer Qs, hardest first.

Would you say you spend less time on the long answer questions when you do this?
What I do is I read through all the paper and I start with topics I'm strongest on/ questions I think I'll get marks for. I spend about 20mins on them and normally get 2-3 of the big questions done. Then I spend about 20mins on MC, working through them in order (try to get 1/2 done). Then I just repeat my method of 20mins on the harder big questions and then 20mins on MC again. I try to finish 20mins before end to check answers.
I sat the AQA AS paper 1 and there is no multiple choice in paper 1. The long 6 mark question was absolutely on the advance information, but people may have been confused due to the specification and textbooks ordering the topics differently (it was on the photoelectric effect - advance info said 2.2 which does include this, and that was the first on the list and highest in terms of marks). I think the advance info was useful.
Original post by bryophyte
I sat the AQA AS paper 1 and there is no multiple choice in paper 1. The long 6 mark question was absolutely on the advance information, but people may have been confused due to the specification and textbooks ordering the topics differently (it was on the photoelectric effect - advance info said 2.2 which does include this, and that was the first on the list and highest in terms of marks). I think the advance info was useful.

Wait so the topics closer to the top of the page are more likely to have the most amount of marks? x
Original post by Sarahmillier
Wait so the topics closer to the top of the page are more likely to have the most amount of marks? x

Yup, that's what it says on the advanced info. doc:
"For each paper the list shows the major focus of the content of the examination; the topic
areas are listed in rank order, with the areas carrying the highest mark allocations at the top
of each list."
Original post by StoickTheVast
Yup, that's what it says on the advanced info. doc:
"For each paper the list shows the major focus of the content of the examination; the topic
areas are listed in rank order, with the areas carrying the highest mark allocations at the top
of each list."

Okay thank you, that’s helpful to know but I my worst topic is electricity and that’s so close to the top😭
Original post by Sarahmillier
Okay thank you, that’s helpful to know but I my worst topic is electricity and that’s so close to the top😭

I'll be screwed if electricity is anything over 10m. Luckily particles and mechanics is above that so hopefully they'll be the heaviest weighted questions.
Reply 75
Got a feeling the mechanics and Forces question will be about upthrust. Haven’t seen a single question about it, but it still is in AQA books.
Original post by laura ferrao
I'll be screwed if electricity is anything over 10m. Luckily particles and mechanics is above that so hopefully they'll be the heaviest weighted questions.

I'm hoping for lots of particles questions.
Original post by penguingirl18
I'm hoping for lots of particles questions.

Me too but realistically you can’t get like high markers out of it can you?
Original post by laura ferrao

I’m hoping for that too loool
Original post by K23E23
Got a feeling the mechanics and Forces question will be about upthrust. Haven’t seen a single question about it, but it still is in AQA books.

oh no no don't say that haha that's the worst topic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending