The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1 7408/1 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarahmillier
Me too but realistically you can’t get like high markers out of it can you?

Particles is at the top of the list so in theory it should be but I think they'll probably be lots of short markers instead of longer ones
Original post by Fluffybuns
Particles is at the top of the list so in theory it should be but I think they'll probably be lots of short markers instead of longer ones

That would be nice, I do aqa for a diff subject and they stuck to the advance info perfectly but then again it’s not a science subject so we’ll have to see, good luck tho👍
That would be nice, I do aqa for a diff subject and they stuck to the advance info perfectly but then again it’s not a science subject so we’ll have to see, good luck tho👍

Ahh I'm really hoping they're nice questions aha, good luck to you too
Me too but realistically you can’t get like high markers out of it can you?

Like Fluffybuns said, maybe not long questions but it is the topic with the most allotted marks. Maybe they would do two sets of long/short-answer questions with fewer marks each?
Original post by K23E23
Got a feeling the mechanics and Forces question will be about upthrust. Haven’t seen a single question about it, but it still is in AQA books.

What pages in the textbook is this??
Low-key have a feeling they will integrate some waves into the long answer questions. Reckon questions will very broad regarding content :/
Reply 86
Original post by cata03
What pages in the textbook is this??

It should be in forces and momentum. But same rules apply so don’t worry. Instead of air resistance or friction, you have drag.
are you allowed to use shorthand symbols/words in answers eg the three dots for therefore and eqb for equilibrium
Original post by mmmnomm
are you allowed to use shorthand symbols/words in answers eg the three dots for therefore and eqb for equilibrium

Not sure I might just have to write out the long word 😩
Original post by mmmnomm

you can for chemistry so i’m guessing same for physics ? if you’re using a shorthand it’s usually best to write out the symbol and label what it means and then use the shorthand just in case the examiner didn’t know
Good luck with the exam this afternoon everyone!

MP
How did the exam go? Congratulations for completing it :smile:

MP
Original post by Mythical Pingu
How did the exam go? Congratulations for completing it :smile:

MP

Terrible especially those first questions!
Wow that’s the worst paper I’ve ever done there was so much that came up that wasn’t supposed to I swear
Wow that’s the worst paper I’ve ever done there was so much that came up that wasn’t supposed to I swear

Sorry to hear that :frown: was the advance information not helpful then?
The questions weren’t difficult per se exactly. But aqa are dirty for doing their advanced information like that!
Original post by Mythical Pingu
Sorry to hear that :frown: was the advance information not helpful then?

There was a lot on waves that I didn’t properly prepare for at all
Original post by Abzdot
The questions weren’t difficult per se exactly. But aqa are dirty for doing their advanced information like that!

No bc how is that acc allowed it was the opposite of what they said
Did anyone know the difference between absorption spectrum and emission spectrum because I didn’t 😭
Random question : how much did they stick to the advanced info? Just trying to get an idea for my chemistry AQA exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending