The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 2 7408/2 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K23E23
Are guys including capacitors, dielectrics, and electric fields in your revision?
Considering how they put waves, one of these could pop up.

In past papers there always seems to be alot lf capacitor questions in the multiple choice section so I would probably revise it :0
Reply 21
Where do you guys find hard questions? The old spec is full of easy qs compared to the new spec. we know AQA is gonna pull something off.
After finishing past papers, what materials do you guys use for revision?
What do u guys recon the grade boundaries will be this year? Will it be as high as 2019?
Original post by K23E23
Where do you guys find hard questions? The old spec is full of easy qs compared to the new spec. we know AQA is gonna pull something off.

I would say go on savemyexams on the topic questions part and go for the new ones and pick the hard ones as they are really good questions that give a good representation of the hard questions that could come up
Original post by K23E23

my teacher sends us exampro questions - you could ask your teacher for those too. umutech is a good site as well
Original post by LeoHsieh20040725
What do u guys recon the grade boundaries will be this year? Will it be as high as 2019?

they say its gonna be in between 2019 and 2021, so that makes it lower? as in 21 low, 19 high so this in between
Original post by happy18birthday
they say its gonna be in between 2019 and 2021, so that makes it lower? as in 21 low, 19 high so this in between

But in most of the year the grade boundaries is 128/250 for a B, so would this year’s exam be lower than that or just to 2019?
Original post by LeoHsieh20040725
But in most of the year the grade boundaries is 128/250 for a B, so would this year’s exam be lower than that or just to 2019?

grade boundaries get decided after everyone’s sat the paper and it depends on how the country did as a whole. so if, for example, in 2019 they gave like 40% of ppl Bs and above this year they’ll give like 45% of ppl Bs and above. that doesn’t necessarily mean that the actual mark to get a B will be a lower than in 2019 - it could be higher if people got better marks this year on average
Reply 28
I feel like you guys should give this question a try. Don’t worry about part (a), it’s irrelevant.
Original post by K23E23
I feel like you guys should give this question a try. Don’t worry about part (a), it’s irrelevant.

Do you have the mark scheme? i got (ii) 2.47 x10^-10s^-1 and iii) 179
Reply 30
Original post by fluffypoopies
Do you have the mark scheme? i got (ii) 2.47 x10^-10s^-1 and iii) 179

go to question 4b
http://fdslive.oup.com/www.oup.com/oxed/secondary/science/AQA_Physics_Chapter_27_answers.pdf?region=uk
Have any of you guys done the 2021 papers? Is it just me or were they harder than usual?
Original post by cata03
Have any of you guys done the 2021 papers? Is it just me or were they harder than usual?

i found them really hard too, especially paper 2. even the AS 2021 paper felt so much harder than usual. my teacher was saying that apparently they made the 2021 papers way harder because they wanted to limit the number of high grades they gave out bc of the grade inflation in teacher assessed grades that year (since these were the resits). but idk whether thats even true or not lol
Reply 33
i found them really hard too, especially paper 2. even the AS 2021 paper felt so much harder than usual. my teacher was saying that apparently they made the 2021 papers way harder because they wanted to limit the number of high grades they gave out bc of the grade inflation in teacher assessed grades that year (since these were the resits). but idk whether thats even true or not lol

Where did you get the 2021 papers from?

Original post by cata03

the 2021 papers were genuinely awful- i agree even the AS papers felt really hard. also lord knows what drugs they were on when they thought up that paper 1 circular motion astronaut question but i highly doubt anything that difficult can come up on any paper again.
Original post by K23E23
Where did you get the 2021 papers from?

school teacher, they were used for our mocks
Original post by Sorryidontgetit
the 2021 papers were genuinely awful- i agree even the AS papers felt really hard. also lord knows what drugs they were on when they thought up that paper 1 circular motion astronaut question but i highly doubt anything that difficult can come up on any paper again.

omg i remember there being some weird question about rate of nuclear fusion and that rotating oven or whatever in paper 2, it was such a weird paper lol
omg i remember there being some weird question about rate of nuclear fusion and that rotating oven or whatever in paper 2, it was such a weird paper lol

Yeah omg that question was soo weird, I had to use parametric differentiation from A2 maths for one part of it (only once I'd seen the mark scheme lol) like wtf?? And yeah the astronaut one was also so odd - the poor people who actually sat that exam oml. I don't know whether they'll make paper 2 hard considering paper 1 wasn't too bad and last year's papers were so much harder.
Do you guys think they’ll make paper 2 lot harder, since paper 1 was so easy?
does anyone have a link to the 2021 paper 2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending