The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Accommodation 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyhmitchell
Hey! What’s your room number? I’ve just booked aswell

hii, i'm floor 10, flat 9, room I. really happy with my booking but will be changing to a studio at moonraker if one comes up, just cos of issues with a shared kitchen :smile: but if no studios come up then i shall learn to cope haha
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by sarinkas
there’s KAAS rooms out rn just got one!

heyy i've just applied for KAAS how long did it take for them to respond you when u applied? i cant find much information out there about kings accommodations and its kind of stressing me out lol, i was thinking of going for wolfson house since it was the cheapest, do u know if its any good? sorry for all the questions!!!
Original post by sradaelli
heyy i've just applied for KAAS how long did it take for them to respond you when u applied? i cant find much information out there about kings accommodations and its kind of stressing me out lol, i was thinking of going for wolfson house since it was the cheapest, do u know if its any good? sorry for all the questions!!!

Hii babe it’s ok!! And it took like 2 weeks after I registered to hear back from them. If you get accepted for KAAS I recommend just getting angel Lane or hayloft since the price diff compared to wolfson is like an extra £600 for the year ( wolfson house is £155 and the other 2 are £169) and you get an ensuite and overall they just look way nicer compared to wolfson house. If u go on the kcl residences website there’s a whole list of them and they have virtual tours and room pics too x
(edited 2 years ago)
So is accommodation first come first serve ? Because I haven’t even got a reply from kings yet and am scared there won’t be any cheap accommodation left
Original post by Anonymous
So is accommodation first come first serve ? Because I haven’t even got a reply from kings yet and am scared there won’t be any cheap accommodation left

No, they get released in batches
has anyone found rooms for the 48 week contract?
Original post by sarinkas
there’s KAAS rooms out rn just got one!

was this for hayloft point?
do you guys have any recommendations? not sure what to pick tbh
Reply 28
does anyone know when the 48 week hayloft kaas rooms refresh cause they never show up for me😭
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by koav
does anyone know when the 48 week hayloft kaas rooms refresh cause they never show up for me😭

Frr I can’t find it anywhere
Original post by Anonymous
was this for hayloft point?

yea x
Reply 31
Original post by Lucidlyartz
Frr I can’t find it anywhere

i was told by the kcl residence ppl to book another accommodation i like in the mean time and then keep on checking to see if there’s any hayloft rooms left since there’s not a lot of rooms left and we can change rooms once, so i’ve booked angel lane for now☹️
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 32
Hiii how long after you registered did you get to go on the accommodation portal !
Reply 33
Original post by eisha7
Hiii how long after you registered did you get to go on the accommodation portal !

for me it took 4 days after registering to get an invite to book and my booking date was set 11 days after that
Original post by koav
i was told by the kcl residence ppl to book another accommodation i like in the mean time and then keep on checking to see if there’s any hayloft rooms left since there’s not a lot of rooms left and we can change rooms once, so i’ve booked angel lane for now☹️

😩😩 I’ll probably do that and wait
Reply 35
Original post by koav

is this for KAAA rooms you guys are talking about ?
Reply 36
Original post by eisha7
is this for KAAA rooms you guys are talking about ?

yess the kings affordable accommodation scheme
Original post by koav

hi, i've done the same. booked an en-suite whilst i'm waiting for studios
Hi everyone! I have a SUPER spacious large en-suite in Moonraker Point for May 12 to the end of June. I also have linen, lighting, and other room accessories I’d be willing to include for free!

A little about the building/area:

- 25 min walk to Strand campus & 30 mins walk to Covent Garden/Soho area
- 10 min walk to the Borough Market
- 5 min walk to Southwark tube stop on the Jubilee Line
- Tons of bus stops around
- 5 min walk to grocery stores including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Co-op and 7 min walk to Amazon Fresh store
- 3 min walk to Pret and 5 min walk to Starbucks!

Please reach out to me if you are interested or know someone else who is! 🙂
the kings accom portal is so confusing. are more rooms coming out?

Quick Reply

Latest