The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Accommodation 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarinkas
Hii babe it’s ok!! And it took like 2 weeks after I registered to hear back from them. If you get accepted for KAAS I recommend just getting angel Lane or hayloft since the price diff compared to wolfson is like an extra £600 for the year ( wolfson house is £155 and the other 2 are £169) and you get an ensuite and overall they just look way nicer compared to wolfson house. If u go on the kcl residences website there’s a whole list of them and they have virtual tours and room pics too x

ok thank u so much xx this is rly helpful!! did u manage to book ur room yet?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by sradaelli
ok thank u so much xx this is rly helpful!! did u manage to book ur room yet?

yea there was some released on tuesday at 3pm x
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 42
can you swap accommodations with other people or is it not allowed
is hayloft point still available then or have all the rooms gone?
is hayloft point still available? because i haven't seen any rooms yet
do you have to have firmed your King's offer in order to register for accommodation?

if you haven't firmed is there any way of seeing which accommodations are still free?
Original post by Anonymous
is hayloft point still available then or have all the rooms gone?

It’s still available, the rooms get released in batches
Reply 47
do you have to have firmed your King's offer in order to register for accommodation?

if you haven't firmed is there any way of seeing which accommodations are still free?

yep you have to wait 2 days after you’ve firmed kcl to register for accommodation so if you haven’t firmed you can’t access the accom portal to check the available rooms
hey all, i'm planning on firming kcl for psychology! i was wondering if there are any other people here who are also gonna be on denmark hill campus and if they have any advice/input on what would be the best accomm to book that's not too far away? :smile:
Original post by ohitscameronc
hey all, i'm planning on firming kcl for psychology! i was wondering if there are any other people here who are also gonna be on denmark hill campus and if they have any advice/input on what would be the best accomm to book that's not too far away? :smile:

If your doing this for undergrad, apparently Denmark hill is only used in third year! So any accommodation nearer guys campus will be ok
Original post by Beastboy26
If your doing this for undergrad, apparently Denmark hill is only used in third year! So any accommodation nearer guys campus will be ok

i am doing undergrad! oh interesting, where'd you hear that from?
i am doing undergrad! oh interesting, where'd you hear that from?

I watched a lot of videos of undergrad students and the most Denmark hill was mentioned was a girl who had 1 class every 2 weeks there in year 3 who said shes not been timetabled there before.

I think the kcl website might have mentioned it’s for the research project or something? Sorry I don’t know more specifically!
is there still lots available at great dover street?
Original post by Beastboy26
I watched a lot of videos of undergrad students and the most Denmark hill was mentioned was a girl who had 1 class every 2 weeks there in year 3 who said shes not been timetabled there before.

I think the kcl website might have mentioned it’s for the research project or something? Sorry I don’t know more specifically!

ohh, interesting! after i firm them i might shoot the accomm live chat that question. no need to apologize, thank you for your help :smile:

hi hi hello! i'm pretty sure for psych we are on guys campus mainly for the first year and then also a bit on denmark. website is quite confusing but I did email them a while ago - will copy and paste the email below.

"Dear Imogen
For the 2021-22 academic year, the year one and year two classes take place at Guy’s campus and year three classes take place over both Guy’s and Denmark Hill campuses. I cannot confirm this will be the same from 2022-23 however you can expect to have classes at both campuses across the whole degree."

Accommodation wise, there are so many residencies within walking distance. I personally have booked Hayloft point because it's just across the river from guys campus - took me 25 minutes to get from there to guys. It's a whole new building that hasn't been open yet and facilities look good! There's a park and little shop right next to it.
Moonraker point is even closer to guys - about a 20 minute walk. It's on a quiet-ish residential street and also looks very nice!!
I haven't seen other residencies in person but I know that Julian Markham is popular (have heard some negative things about the area but this could not be true), Wolfston house is more affordable and is right next to guys.
Original post by immyfleur04
hi hi hello! i'm pretty sure for psych we are on guys campus mainly for the first year and then also a bit on denmark. website is quite confusing but I did email them a while ago - will copy and paste the email below.

"Dear Imogen
For the 2021-22 academic year, the year one and year two classes take place at Guy’s campus and year three classes take place over both Guy’s and Denmark Hill campuses. I cannot confirm this will be the same from 2022-23 however you can expect to have classes at both campuses across the whole degree."

Accommodation wise, there are so many residencies within walking distance. I personally have booked Hayloft point because it's just across the river from guys campus - took me 25 minutes to get from there to guys. It's a whole new building that hasn't been open yet and facilities look good! There's a park and little shop right next to it.
Moonraker point is even closer to guys - about a 20 minute walk. It's on a quiet-ish residential street and also looks very nice!!
I haven't seen other residencies in person but I know that Julian Markham is popular (have heard some negative things about the area but this could not be true), Wolfston house is more affordable and is right next to guys.

ooh, that is really helpful. thank you so much! :]
is there still lots available at great dover street?

yes there's like 20 rooms on the portal at the moment
i think it's strange that there's still no studios?
Original post by immyfleur04
i think it's strange that there's still no studios?

are you talking about hayloft point? i don't think they offer studios at all, their page on kcl's site only shows ensuites (https://www.kcl.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/middlesex-street-residence)
are you talking about hayloft point? i don't think they offer studios at all, their page on kcl's site only shows ensuites (https://www.kcl.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/middlesex-street-residence)

they do have pictures of studio rooms for hayloft on the kcl website though

Quick Reply

Latest