The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Accommodation 2022

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm looking for a KCL student to take over my contract at Atlas from June/July to 09.09.

-380£ weekly, bills included
-right next to a leisure centre with a gym, swimming pool and sauna and in walking distance to the GymGroup
-Wi-fi
-Common room
-Laundry room
-24/7 reception
-Bike storage
-Disabled access
-Study areas
-Microwave & oven
-Fridge & freezer
-Vending machines
-Outdoor social space
-24/7 assistance
-Secure access
-CCTV (in communal spaces)

Atlas is the pinnacle of stylish high-rise living. In this modern residence, you'll be able to study, relax and lead a vibrant social life in the trendy Vauxhall area, all within 5 minutes of public transport links - allowing easy access to KCL campuses and everything else the capital has to offer.

The facilities have a large common study room, cinema rooms, terraces overlooking London and much more!

A link to Atlas with pictures and all information you need can be found here: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/atlas

Let me know if you are interested!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Once you lock a room, can u still see the other rooms available? Or is that it and it becomes your accomm?
Also, do accomm fill up too quick? I can’t see any other apart from angel lane, I don’t wanna go there I want to go to an accomm closure to uni, is there a chance of more accomm place coming up later? What happens if u have no room to book and it’s already deadline for first yr guaranteed accomm?
Unfortunately the university doesn't care. You get put on a waiting list till your preferred accommodation opens up
Original post by Anonymous
Also, do accomm fill up too quick? I can’t see any other apart from angel lane, I don’t wanna go there I want to go to an accomm closure to uni, is there a chance of more accomm place coming up later? What happens if u have no room to book and it’s already deadline for first yr guaranteed accomm?
Reply 1584
Hey, I’m looking for a student currently enrolled in King’s college London to take over my ensuite room at angel lane from 24 June 2023-9 Sept 2023 for £245 pw as a summer stay. Please reply to this message or pm me if interested:smile:
Original post by Sakuraaaa
Unfortunately the university doesn't care. You get put on a waiting list till your preferred accommodation opens up

so should I not bother firming kcl if I wanted to stay in student accom now ?? I'm regretting leaving it so late :/
Original post by sprinkledcheese
so should I not bother firming kcl if I wanted to stay in student accom now ?? I'm regretting leaving it so late :/

Its very possible you get student accommodation you just have to be on the website a lot. I was able to it 3 weeks before I had to move and and a lot of my friends too. So have hope. If you want to go to kcl, firm it dont let accommodation determine where you go!!!
Its very possible you get student accommodation you just have to be on the website a lot. I was able to it 3 weeks before I had to move and and a lot of my friends too. So have hope. If you want to go to kcl, firm it dont let accommodation determine where you go!!!

ty ty, just wondering what accom did you stay in and how was ur experience there??
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by sprinkledcheese
ty ty, just wondering what accom did you say in and how was ur experience there??

I went to great dover street. I highly recommend it its got a great student environment. You're basically guaranteed to make friends :smile:

hi! would u recommend checking throughout the summer for accom or specifically after results day? i firmed my offer like last week so there’s only angel lane rooms on the portal rn and i’d really like great dover street
Original post by nnnn6666
hi! would u recommend checking throughout the summer for accom or specifically after results day? i firmed my offer like last week so there’s only angel lane rooms on the portal rn and i’d really like great dover street

The guarantee for first year accommodation has a deadline which I think is before results day but I'm not sure. Check the deadline date and try to get something before then. GDS is probably all booked up by now, but there may be rooms freed after results day if people miss their offers. So it's up to you what you decide to do haha but defo keep in mind the deadline guarantee date because other non-1st year only accommodations will be offered up to other years once this passes.
Original post by kaorimiyazono
The guarantee for first year accommodation has a deadline which I think is before results day but I'm not sure. Check the deadline date and try to get something before then. GDS is probably all booked up by now, but there may be rooms freed after results day if people miss their offers. So it's up to you what you decide to do haha but defo keep in mind the deadline guarantee date because other non-1st year only accommodations will be offered up to other years once this passes.

i don’t wanna book angel lane now in the hopes of being able to swap later in case i’m stuck with it. i
live pretty close to guys campus so i’m just wondering if it’d be worth it to travel that far from angel lane when i could just do it from home and save my student loan. but obviously accom is a great opportunity to make friends and have a social life so i’m worried i’m gonna miss out if i go from home
also was just reading some of the posts earlier on the thread and was wondering what it means to take over someone’s contract? does this mean i don’t have to get a student accom now but i could move in later in the year if someone transferred their contract to me?
i don’t wanna book angel lane now in the hopes of being able to swap later in case i’m stuck with it. i
live pretty close to guys campus so i’m just wondering if it’d be worth it to travel that far from angel lane when i could just do it from home and save my student loan. but obviously accom is a great opportunity to make friends and have a social life so i’m worried i’m gonna miss out if i go from home

Oh wait if you already live close to Guy's campus then you should 100% stay at home and save money. There's no point in moving into student accommodation. Unless obviously you don't have a good home situation that you wanna escape.
also was just reading some of the posts earlier on the thread and was wondering what it means to take over someone’s contract? does this mean i don’t have to get a student accom now but i could move in later in the year if someone transferred their contract to me?

Yes
Oh wait if you already live close to Guy's campus then you should 100% stay at home and save money. There's no point in moving into student accommodation. Unless obviously you don't have a good home situation that you wanna escape.

i would like to move out lol but my student loan wouldn’t cover the costs of accom and my parents refuse to pay the extra since there aren’t any accom near guys campus available (only angel lane is available rn). obviously with classes and societies it shouldn’t be hard to make friends right even with staying at home?
i would like to move out lol but my student loan wouldn’t cover the costs of accom and my parents refuse to pay the extra since there aren’t any accom near guys campus available (only angel lane is available rn). obviously with classes and societies it shouldn’t be hard to make friends right even with staying at home?

How far away from campus do you live? And what are your reasons for wanting to move out if you don't mind me asking (you can absolutely ignore this question btw)?
Staying at home shouldn't prevent you from making friends at all. One of my friends commutes over 2 hr (so over 4hr a day total) and she's still managed to make friends.
How far away from campus do you live? And what are your reasons for wanting to move out if you don't mind me asking (you can absolutely ignore this question btw)?
Staying at home shouldn't prevent you from making friends at all. One of my friends commutes over 2 hr (so over 4hr a day total) and she's still managed to make friends.

i live 25 mins away by one train to london bridge. my family situation isn’t great so i just wanted a bit of space and freedom lol. i also just think it’d be a lot of fun, i visited one of my friends who lives in a lse campus and the social aspect looks great. ik kcl have lots of societies and there are some i’d definitely like to join so i’m not too worried about making friends but i don’t wanna feel left out if all my friends are at accom ygm?
i live 25 mins away by one train to london bridge. my family situation isn’t great so i just wanted a bit of space and freedom lol. i also just think it’d be a lot of fun, i visited one of my friends who lives in a lse campus and the social aspect looks great. ik kcl have lots of societies and there are some i’d definitely like to join so i’m not too worried about making friends but i don’t wanna feel left out if all my friends are at accom ygm?

Oh yeah I totally get what you mean. I hope you manage to get accommodation!!
Original post by divbob111
I got youuuu, apparently I’ve heard flats 9 and 10 are the bigger ones- check around student room people have said that. And some of them have a view of the shard but no idea which rooms those are.

flat 9 or block 9?

Quick Reply

Latest