The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath biology course

Hey,
On the Bath uni website it doesn’t say that much about the Bsc Biology course, is there anyone who could tell me a bit more about the content and the different modules available in second and third year?
Also would I be correct in saying that it seems to be quite ecology based?- I’m not a massive fan of this area (I prefer human biology and cellular bio)
Cheers
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
On the Bath uni website it doesn’t say that much about the Bsc Biology course, is there anyone who could tell me a bit more about the content and the different modules available in second and third year?
Also would I be correct in saying that it seems to be quite ecology based?- I’m not a massive fan of this area (I prefer human biology and cellular bio)
Cheers

Just email the Biology dept and ask - [email protected], or tel 01225 386407
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
Cheers

Hi! I'm in my second year so can't say much about final year, but first year does have quite a bit of ecology and evolution content in it. You do have more freedom in second year though, and I know a lot of people who are taking more lab and cellular bio modules. There isn't much human bio but there are quite a lot of lab-based or cell bio ones, e.g. there's a module that's a week of 9-5 labs, or you've got cell bio or neuroscience ones.

Quite a lot of the placements advertised are cell bio or otherwise lab-based tho if that's something you're interested in. Also from what I can see of final year modules, there's even more variety in final year, and you can do a few smaller projects as well as your dissertation so I'm assuming you could carry out a human bio/cell bio project there too.

I hope that somewhat helps haha, here's the current unit choices for all years as well: https://www.bath.ac.uk/catalogues/2021-2022/bb/USBB-AFB03.html

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Quick Reply

Latest