The Student Room Group

Will I get into any of these universities with these grades?

Universities I want to get into: (in order)
1) University of Bath
2) UCL
3) University of Manchester
4) University of Birmingham
5) Kings College London

GCSE Grades:
Maths - 7
English Lit - 6
English Lang - 7
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
RE - 7
Business - 7
French - 6
History - 8

A Levels:
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Psychology - A*

I want to study pharmacy
(edited 10 months ago)
Yes those grades seem fine. I wouldn't see why you wouldn't be able to get in grade wise...
Reply 2
Yes but you are researching back up options too, yes? This shouldn't be your complete UCAS list as I am guessing they are all fairly competitive for pharmacy
Reply 3
1) KCL and UCL are ludicrously competitive - they get thousands of applications and therefore you have a much lower chance of an offer even if you have the right grades.
2) Do not pick all 5 choices with high grade requirements. You need at least 1 with significantly lower grades as your Insurance choice. You may feel very confident of A/A* grades right now but that doesnt mean that will be the reality next August.
3) An offer for Pharmacy does not depend just on grades. Your Personal Statement, and how you perform at interview, are both critical.
Original post by Hannah72625
Universities I want to get into: (in order)
1) University of Bath
2) UCL
3) University of Manchester
4) University of Birmingham
5) Kings College London

GCSE Grades:
Maths - 7
English Lit - 6
English Lang - 7
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
RE - 7
Business - 7
French - 6
History - 8

A Levels:
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Psychology - A*

I want to study pharmacy

The one thing that really sticks out is how different Bath is to the others. Bath is a beautiful small city. The others are massive. Where do you think you will settle best as they are massively different.

With your grades you will have an excellent chance of offers anywhere but London is very risky. It might be worth you looking at places like East Anglia, Reading and Medway. They will be closer to what you will get in Bath than the others. Swansea has a new Pharmacy course where you will likely get an offer and is nowhere as big as some of your other offers,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending