The Student Room Group

Giving your therapist as a reference for UCAS application?

Hi, I’m applying as a mature student to uni and I’m struggling to think of who I can put that will write me a reference. I looked at the site and they said a counsellor/therapist could provide a reference for you.

Has anyone else done this - put their counsellor/therapist as a reference? I’m worried they might be prejudiced, although I know that legally they can’t discriminate.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m applying as a mature student to uni and I’m struggling to think of who I can put that will write me a reference. I looked at the site and they said a counsellor/therapist could provide a reference for you.

Has anyone else done this - put their counsellor/therapist as a reference? I’m worried they might be prejudiced, although I know that legally they can’t discriminate.

I applied for ucas as a provate candidate and I don't remember seeing anything that said mental health workers can be used as a reference
Is there anyone else who maybe knows you in a more academic sense? Have you got a previous employer?
OP, did you do this in the end?
I found your post because I'm in the same situation and wondered the same thing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending