The Student Room Group

no predicted grades.

hi, im an international student planning to apply for 2024 entry. im from singapore so my A level results come out Feb 2024 but UCAS deadline is 31st Jan 2024. im taking them as a private candidate and the prep school im attending is being a pain and does not give us predicted scores and are super unwilling to help with my application process. i found someone for the reference letter but no predicted grades. have emailed UCAS and collages i wanna apply and UCAS told me i dont have to include predicted grades. yet to hear from the collages tho. what shld i do? and also, what does centre mean? how do i know if the prep school i am in is a 'centre'? since i cant include predicted scores, do i send them my A level scores after i get them? thank u !!
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by sreekoya
hi, im an international student planning to apply for 2024 entry. im from singapore so my A level results come out Feb 2024 but UCAS deadline is 31st Jan 2024. im taking them as a private candidate and the prep school im attending is being a pain and does not give us predicted scores and are super unwilling to help with my application process. i found someone for the reference letter but no predicted grades. have emailed UCAS and collages i wanna apply and UCAS told me i dont have to include predicted grades. yet to hear from the collages tho. what shld i do? and also, what does centre mean? how do i know if the prep school i am in is a 'centre'? since i cant include predicted scores, do i send them my A level scores after i get them? thank u !!

When you made the ucas application, did you apply entering a centre code? A centre is a school, college, advisor…
See: https://www.ucas.com/advisers/getting-started-adviser/becoming-ucas-centre
If you did, when you submit your personal statement, it goes to the centre. The centre can reject it (for example, for you to edit your personal statement), or submit it.
IMG_5261.jpegIMG_5260.jpeg
Did you remember doing this?
The images should be the other way around
(edited 7 months ago)

The person who did your reference, can give you predicted grades. Just show the person your evidence (any exams you did, your score)
Reply 4
oo ok thanks, my school doesnt aid us in the application process so shld i say yes or no?
oo ok thanks, my school doesnt aid us in the application process so shld i say yes or no?

no
Reply 6
Original post by BankaiGintoki
The person who did your reference, can give you predicted grades. Just show the person your evidence (any exams you did, your score)

the person doing my refrence is a teacher at my prep schools but they dont give out predicted scores :frown:(
the person doing my refrence is a teacher at my prep schools but they dont give out predicted scores :frown:(

The reference person can choose whether to include predicted grades. If they dont, they will need to state a reason
Reply 8
thank u!! since i alrdy know they wont include a predicted score, shld i leave it as "pending", if so, how will unis even consider my application?
thank u!! since i alrdy know they wont include a predicted score, shld i leave it as "pending", if so, how will unis even consider my application?

Email the universities your applying for, explain your circumstances, quote your UCAS number (visible on your application page), not your UCAS ID. If you have already submitted it
You have already emailed them
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Email the universities your applying for, explain your circumstances, quote your UCAS number (visible on your application page), not your UCAS ID. If you have already submitted it
You have already emailed them

the number under "Your Personal ID number"?
the number under "Your Personal ID number"?

Yes, I was wrong, they are the same number. Both your UCAS ID and your UCAS number are the same number. Please ignore my previous post.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjnrMKOgoeBAxWYWEEAHQ2NC-gQFnoECDoQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fthinkstudent.co.uk%2Fhow-do-you-find-your-ucas-number%2F&usg=AOvVaw2EGIO1XOxFECdoGdUND4Xp&opi=89978449

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending