The Student Room Group

Will it be hard to reapply to diff unis if I failed first year at my current uni?

I’ve failed 2 modules and not doing resits because i couldn’t face doing the work again. I have ocd and a CBT therapist, going to ask the therapist if I can get a note for a dr so u can get diagnosed in my gap year out.

Anyway- I passed 4 modules averaging 55% roughly so alright but I struggled because I hated the course (animation). Im looking to apply for a different degree in theatre design as I really liked building sets etc on my current course.

Will it be difficult to get into good unis if I failed at my first uni?

I have BBB a level grades (120 ucas points) and a merit in art foundation diploma.

Anyone experienced the same thing? Thanks
It might be of concern to some unis but all you can do is apply and see what happens.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
It might be of concern to some unis but all you can do is apply and see what happens.

Thanks, I’ll go ahead with applying. But would unis be likely to reject just for failing a couple of modules? Ill have portfolios to show them bc its a creative course im applying for :smile:
Original post by EVMD17
Thanks, I’ll go ahead with applying. But would unis be likely to reject just for failing a couple of modules? Ill have portfolios to show them bc its a creative course im applying for :smile:

They would take the results in context, IE looking at the rest of your results as well, seeing whether they were of any relevance to your new subject, etc.

If you are changing subjects and your referee makes reference to your health/diagnosis then those things will play in your favour too.

As above, it might be of some concern, but I definitely think you should still apply.
Reply 4
Original post by EVMD17
I’ve failed 2 modules and not doing resits because i couldn’t face doing the work again. I have ocd and a CBT therapist, going to ask the therapist if I can get a note for a dr so u can get diagnosed in my gap year out.

Anyway- I passed 4 modules averaging 55% roughly so alright but I struggled because I hated the course (animation). Im looking to apply for a different degree in theatre design as I really liked building sets etc on my current course.

Will it be difficult to get into good unis if I failed at my first uni?

I have BBB a level grades (120 ucas points) and a merit in art foundation diploma.

Anyone experienced the same thing? Thanks

My son had a similar thing. He dropped out of one degree course mid way through as he was failing.

Had no problems getting 5 offers from other good unis for a different course, as like you, he met the A level requirements. Go for it and Good Luck!
Reply 5
Original post by harrysbar
My son had a similar thing. He dropped out of one degree course mid way through as he was failing.

Had no problems getting 5 offers from other good unis for a different course, as like you, he met the A level requirements. Go for it and Good Luck!

Thank you. That’s reassuring to hear! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending