The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath or KCL

I am now in UCAS extra as i have changed my mind and want to do politics as my new course. I could apply to European politics at KCL or Politics and international relations at the University of Bath. Which degree is more prestigious, keep in mind i want to work in diplomacy or politics. I have lived in London all my life and i feel like Bath would be very boring to live in but not sure. Any advice
KCL > Bath generally.

KCL > Bath for IR

Bath if you are already bored of London.

KCL is a Top 10 university. Bath is a Top 20 university.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by RoyalBeams
KCL > Bath generally.

KCL > Bath for IR

Bath if you are already bored of London.

KCL is a Top 10 university. Bath is a Top 20 university.

I'm fine with London. On the guardian it says Bath is top 10 for Politics. Do you know anyone that has been to bath and if they find it boring or entertaining?
Original post by juanbonanomi
I'm fine with London. On the guardian it says Bath is top 10 for Politics. Do you know anyone that has been to bath and if they find it boring or entertaining?

Never use the Guardian rankings (or even any UK national rankings) for prestige. It is useless.

It is unlikely to be boring in Bath. It is in the South and close to Bristol. It would be fun to go to.
Either.

Which course do you prefer.
Reply 5

I can't say anything about Politics or KCL but I study at Bath and love it here, I'm from London and don't find it boring at all. There's a bit of nightlife and it's close to Bristol if you want a proper big club or if you ever get bored of Bath, but for a small city there's a surprising amount to do!
I am now in UCAS extra as i have changed my mind and want to do politics as my new course. I could apply to European politics at KCL or Politics and international relations at the University of Bath. Which degree is more prestigious, keep in mind i want to work in diplomacy or politics. I have lived in London all my life and i feel like Bath would be very boring to live in but not sure. Any advice

Hello,

Hopefully I can help answer the part of your question about living in Bath.

It definitely is a much smaller city than London, but I have loved living here the past 4 years. The city itself being smaller means you are always bumping into people you know from the university / your course, giving Bath a really nice community feel. Bath is also a beautiful place to live, with some many famous places to visit such as The Royal Crescent, The Roman Baths, The Bath Abbey, as well as loads of more parks which are even better fun in summer when everyone is there enjoying the sunshine.

There are so many bars, restaurants, pubs and clubs to try in Bath as well, and these host really fun/cheap student nights. There is also mini golf, the cinema, loads of shops and cafes. On campus the student union also runs some good events, including a club night, 2 for 1 cocktails, pizza night, bingo, quizzes etc., as well as the sports training village providing some amazing facilities you can use for free. So whether you are living on campus or in town and are looking for something to do, you'll always be able to find it.

Take a look at Bath's societies and sports clubs/teams which are really good to get involved with if you are keen to try something new or carry on with an existing hobby.

I hope this helps and please feel free to ask anymore questions about the uni/Bath in general.

Best of luck,
Kayley
Final Year Business Student

Quick Reply

Latest