The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Worries about Extenuating circumstances

Hello!

Apologies for the long post!!

I’ve finished my degree at Royal Holloway recently, and done quite well in the pieces of work I’ve had back.

However! There are two pieces of work from the autumn/spring term that I submitted past the deadline so they technically count as zero unless my extenuating circumstances comes through.

I need to get a 2:1 for the next section of my education so obviously this makes me super nervous because it feels like my degree is now hinging on if I get the EC or not.

Does anyone know how frequently they accept ECs? Are they quite strict? I had a close friend (and housemate) diagnosed with terminal brain cancer that resulted in personality changes, seizures, etc, so I think my circumstances are suitable but I don’t know if they’re gonna be super hard on it…I only have a letter from my psychotherapist as my evidence..

Please let me know and help me calm my worries!!

Original post by armyofducklings
Hello!

Apologies for the long post!!

I’ve finished my degree at Royal Holloway recently, and done quite well in the pieces of work I’ve had back.

However! There are two pieces of work from the autumn/spring term that I submitted past the deadline so they technically count as zero unless my extenuating circumstances comes through.

I need to get a 2:1 for the next section of my education so obviously this makes me super nervous because it feels like my degree is now hinging on if I get the EC or not.

Does anyone know how frequently they accept ECs? Are they quite strict? I had a close friend (and housemate) diagnosed with terminal brain cancer that resulted in personality changes, seizures, etc, so I think my circumstances are suitable but I don’t know if they’re gonna be super hard on it…I only have a letter from my psychotherapist as my evidence..

Please let me know and help me calm my worries!!

Hey, did yours get accepted? I’m currently going through the same thing but I had a friends who was not accepted so quite worried about the outcome , I also have 0 marks in some of my work
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending