The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Can I add a placement year to my three year Econ course at Bath?

hey, I've recently received a conditional offer from Bath for a three-year econ course and was wondering whether it'd be possible for me to add a placement year to my course, which I now believe would be more beneficial for me in the long run. Would Bath allow me to change my course from one with no placement year to one with a placement year?
(edited 1 year ago)
Just email Bath admissions and ask - its usually very straightforward if you just want to switch course pathways within the same Uni subject.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by manvirkapoor
hey, I've recently received a conditional offer from Bath for a three-year econ course and was wondering whether it'd be possible for me to add a placement year to my course, which I now believe would be more beneficial for me in the long run. Would Bath allow me to change my course from one with no placement year to one with a placement year?

Hi! I'm not sure about econ but for biology at least it's very easy to transfer onto a placement year, I and lots of other people have and I'd imagine it's similar for other courses :smile:
Original post by manvirkapoor

Hello,

Thank you for your question. Yes, it should be very easy to change to the placement version of your course.

Realistically, you can make the change at any point up to your second year of study as that is when placement applications typically start. If you would like to make the switch before you start at Bath, it'd be best to email [email protected]. If you want to make the switch once you're at Bath, email your Director of Studies.

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student

Quick Reply

Latest