The Student Room Group

Economics Applicants 2023

Hello! I am new member and I joined to hopefully chat with people who are also applying for Economics (or joint courses) in 2023.

Scroll to see replies

Hi there, I’ve applied to study economics for 2023 entry. Have you received any offers?
Reply 2
also applying for econ 2023 entry! where have you applied?
Original post by m184
also applying for econ 2023 entry! where have you applied?

Warwick, UEA, Nottingham, Cambridge and Birmingham. What about you?
Reply 4
not got all my choices down yet but so far LSE, UCL and King’s
Original post by molly8787
Original post by m184
not got all my choices down yet but so far LSE, UCL and King’s

Wow nice choices, I loved LSE when i looked around but i wasn’t sure about living in london! What A level subjects are you studying?
Reply 6
Wow nice choices, I loved LSE when i looked around but i wasn’t sure about living in london! What A level subjects are you studying?

I’m studying maths, econ and sociology! yeah moving to London is probably a lot but I live here and don’t really want to move out for uni. considering warwick as my one non-London option though!! what A-levels do you take ??
Original post by m184
I’m studying maths, econ and sociology! yeah moving to London is probably a lot but I live here and don’t really want to move out for uni. considering warwick as my one non-London option though!! what A-levels do you take ??

That sounds cool ! my school didn’t offer econ for a level, so i’m taking history geography maths and fm . I really liked Warwick when i looked around and the economics department was really impressive so I’d definitely recommend!

Hey @molly8787!

Best of luck with your application! Those are all fantastic Unis and I'm sure you'll have the best time wherever you decide going :smile:

Have you had a chance to visit our wonderful campus? If not we have an Open Day in November where you can check out our campus and the lovely city of Norwich - you can book your space here!

Let me know if you have any questions about Uni life or UEA in general :smile:
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
Hey! Ive applied to econ and geo at Leeds with the other 4 being global development (Warwick,Manchester,York,Reading)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 10
Hey,
I’ve got my grades (gap year)
I got AAB + A* EPQ
I’ve applied to Lancaster and Loughborough (given me a place)
Still waiting on Exeter, Bath and Bristol!
hi there, applied this year for 2023 university. I have applied to Exeter, Leeds, Durham, Newcastle and Cardiff (offer). Just wondering if anyone has received offers from any of those universities for economics yet, if not anyone know how long it will take for a decision.
Original post by freddiebingham
hi there, applied this year for 2023 university. I have applied to Exeter, Leeds, Durham, Newcastle and Cardiff (offer). Just wondering if anyone has received offers from any of those universities for economics yet, if not anyone know how long it will take for a decision.

Got an offer from Leeds for economics and geography :smile: it was within 10days
Reply 13
what were your ucas grades when you applied
Original post by pav225
what were your ucas grades when you applied

My predicted are AAA
Original post by OP257663
Hello! I am new member and I joined to hopefully chat with people who are also applying for Economics (or joint courses) in 2023.

Heyy, I applied for Economics too. Where have you applied? Have you recieved any offers yet?
Hi guys i looking forward to applying for econ or PPE for entry in 2024

i m studying IBDP right now but my HLs do not include economics as my school does not offer it, what are my chance for getting into LSE, warwick or Cambridge. ://

(edited 1 year ago)
My DD deferred but confirmed Bath.
A* Maths, A* Econ, A* Spanish, A* EPQ.
These are her actual grades. She was also predicted these grades but was rejected from Manchester, Bristol and UCL! I find the system baffling.
Original post by m184

Just some advice, you need further maths to do Economics at LSE
Reply 19
Original post by Dschingis_1
Just some advice, you need further maths to do Economics at LSE

I didn’t know this when I applied 😭😭 ah well it’s alright I’m counting on my other options

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending