The Student Room Group

Music Edexcel A-level 2022

Hi, I couldn't find a discussion on A-Level music for Edexcel this year (2022) so thought I'd start one!! Anyone got any predictions or thoughts about the exam on the 14th using the advanced information given to us?
I don't really know what to expect about the film music unfamiliar- do you think it's going to be more geared towards Herrman-style golden age cues or more modern Elfman or Portman type ones?
Reply 2
Hi which pieces did you guys have questions/essays on for your mocks? Also does anyone have any idea what the 2021 oct/nov paper had as questions/essays? No worries if not :smile:
My mock had questions of And Dream of Sheep, Berlioz, and one of the cues from Batman. The essay I chose to do was on Berlioz but I can't remember the other choices, sorry. I don't think my mock paper was an actual past paper, I think questions from different papers were but together for it.
Reply 4
Original post by adelaide_rose
My mock had questions of And Dream of Sheep, Berlioz, and one of the cues from Batman. The essay I chose to do was on Berlioz but I can't remember the other choices, sorry. I don't think my mock paper was an actual past paper, I think questions from different papers were but together for it.

Hey no worries, thank you so much for your reply really appreciate it : )
Reply 5
I mean you never know that's the thing but I reckon it will be different to the hermann
Since that's already on the listening. I would just look at ones that the exam board give as examples. But I would say that it will likely be different to the hermann but don't count on it
We had one in our mock which was E.T. which worked well as we could bring in wider listening from stuff like Berlioz as well as Elfmann. I think I'm gonna research styles of some composers and just pray something comes up which I can link to wider listening. I find it really hard to find wider listening especially for a piece you've never heard before.
How is everyone feeling? Absolutely bricking it on my end- feel really underprepared ://
Reply 8
Original post by musicalrose
How is everyone feeling? Absolutely bricking it on my end- feel really underprepared ://

Honestly same considering how the advanced info is quite lenient tbh. The annoying thing is that my exams are really close together so i had chem today and ill have maths tommorow too so literally no time to reviseeee
Original post by Szymek231
Honestly same considering how the advanced info is quite lenient tbh. The annoying thing is that my exams are really close together so i had chem today and ill have maths tommorow too so literally no time to reviseeee

how did you find it?? I thought it was ok and the unfamiliar was decent tbh
Reply 10
Original post by musicalrose
how did you find it?? I thought it was ok and the unfamiliar was decent tbh

I was so stressed before it ngl but I found it rlly good everything was really good. Dictation tho I forgot the b flat oops but other than that everything was calm
Hey I’m in yr12 and I have my music mock next week but I don’t really know how to revise for it how did you revise for music edexcel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending