The Student Room Group

music gcse edexcel

I am struggling to effectively revise for musiccc
we know that the essay will be on defying gravity and an unheard peice and question eight will be on an unheard fusion song
i have to learn key points for bach, beethoven, purcell, killer queen, defying gravity, star wars, release and samba em preludio
theres just so much and its kinda overwhelming and my listening skills are a bit shite
if anyone has tips or notes that would be very helpfull thankkkss
Reply 1
Original post by Sash199
we know that the essay will be on defying gravity and an unheard peice and question eight will be on an unheard fusion song
i have to learn key points for bach, beethoven, purcell, killer queen, defying gravity, star wars, release and samba em preludio
theres just so much and its kinda overwhelming and my listening skills are a bit shite

Hey I took my GCSE Music last year, if you still need help message me/ reply and I'll message you - don't worry it is not as bad as it seems I promise!
dsd
Original post by Sash199

same, i haven't even started revising for my music gcse!! but by the way, samba em preludio isn't going to be tested on. you may need it for unfamiliar listening because that will be based on fusions though. if i made zero sense, here is a link on what will be on the test --> https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zn86hcw#zh3gcmn5
we are both in this together so good luck!
Original post by mupu26
Hey I took my GCSE Music last year, if you still need help message me/ reply and I'll message you - don't worry it is not as bad as it seems I promise!

hey, do you know how long there is at the end for the 12 mark essay?
how did you find the exam... i thought it was ok but i definitely haven't got full marks - there were so many qs on harmony!!
Original post by bs123456789
how did you find the exam... i thought it was ok but i definitely haven't got full marks - there were so many qs on harmony!!

yhh frr it was alr tbh
Reply 7
which exam board?
edexcel
Reply 9
Hi! sorry its late but i was wondering pieces what the other questions of 2022 were on, other than defying gravity?
Original post by yzads
Hi! sorry its late but i was wondering pieces what the other questions of 2022 were on, other than defying gravity?

i did the exam in summer 2022, i remember killer queen for sure, the piece by afro celt sound system and pathetique...

if u need any help with gcse music feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 11
Does anyone have any predictions on what piece could come up for the 12 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest