The Student Room Group

Changing driving instructors

I need help on a little dilemma I started learning how to drive right when covid started with my next door neighbour who is a driving instructor. Shes a good instructor because now im confident in driving manual but everytime ive gone with her ive failed its usually small mistakes but its got to a point where i literally have 2 month before my theory expires. I brought my own car dispite of her saying she didnt want me to and she doesnt want me to drive with no one but her. I have this other instructor that my mum used to use hes a bit more strict but hes good he’s the one that encouraged me to buy my car and start driving with both my parents plus he says if i go with him he wont charge me extra whereas she does I want to find a nice way to telling her i cant take her no more as we are still neighbours like litreally next door to each other.Please help a girl out 😅🙏🏾
Hi good morning!

My suggestion would be that why don't you do your test with one of your parents? Whether you have a family member accompanying you to the test or a qualified driving instructor is immaterial, because you will be going on the test with the examiner and your mum/dad or instructor will be just sitting around waiting for you to return from the test! I taught my baby sis, and took her to her test, and she passed first time!

Then you can tell this neighbour that you are really tight with your student budget [I assume you are not doing your test in your 30s or + lol] and that you simply do not have the money to pay an instructor just for a test [I think these people charge a fat amount for a test!] - if necessary, create a sob story [you can learn from the Australian soap "Neighbours" [I watched it once by mistake and there was a lot of crying in it lol :colondollar:]], and shed some lacrimal fluid - I can stuff some Kleenex into my CD drive, which you should receive in your CD drive today hopefully - sorry that technolofgy is not here yet!! :colondollar:

Best of luck & be safe!

M [Member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending