The Student Room Group

Driving instructor

I haven’t been able to start my driving lessons yet and now they’ve been prolonged. Due to my driving instructor being very busy I have waited a while before my first lesson. However, she has cancelled the lesson twice in a span of two weeks due to an incident that has occurred. She seems nice in the texts but my parents are saying that it’s unprofessional and that I should switch instructors. I think that they’re exaggerating since they want me to drive so much but I’m not sure. Any thoughts?
Original post by TrisAnneMoya
I haven’t been able to start my driving lessons yet and now they’ve been prolonged. Due to my driving instructor being very busy I have waited a while before my first lesson. However, she has cancelled the lesson twice in a span of two weeks due to an incident that has occurred. She seems nice in the texts but my parents are saying that it’s unprofessional and that I should switch instructors. I think that they’re exaggerating since they want me to drive so much but I’m not sure. Any thoughts?

It is quite unprofessional in my opinion- did she give you a reason why? Unless its a good reason then it's not great that shes done that
The thing about switching instructors is that it may take a while to find a new one so you switching instructors won't necessarily get you driving any quicker if you have to be put on a waiting list.
Original post by TrisAnneMoya

Only change instructors if you can start lessons straight away or pretty soon. Most of them you have to wait. I had to wait from October to March 2022 after contacting for first lesson.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending