The Student Room Group

What’s student life like in Cardiff?

I’m thinking of going to Cardiff met but unfortunately can’t get over to see the uni or the city? Does anyone have any experience and could help me out?
My cousin goes to Cardiff Uni, and from what I’ve heard from him student life is fairly vibrant.

I can’t elaborate more on student life in the city, but I’ve lived near Cardiff my whole life, and I love it! There’s always something interesting happening (conventions, shows, etc), so you can’t really get bored. There’s a wide selection of restaurants and shops too. Cardiff also has a lot of history, and I particularly like visiting Cardiff Castle: the city is an amalgamation of the historic and the modern.

But, in all fairness, I’m sure Cardiff shares similarities with most major cities in the UK—I’m probably just biased!
Lived in Cardiff all of my life so far, so have lots of experience

It's nice enough, it certainly is the best city in Wales by a long way for a 'busy' student life, it's a lot smaller than most other major cities in the UK, but in a way it's nice as you don't have to travel far to travel, basically yeah it's fine but if you are coming from a big city like Birmingham, London, Manchester or Glasgow then it can seem a bit small and a lot more restricted on what is available. But if you go from a smaller town then it will be a great experience.

Only issue is Cardiff Met being not in the direct center like Cardiff Uni is, it's close enough but depending where you stay you might need to commute a little.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask, I don't go to any of the uni's in Cardiff though, but have spent 20 years of my life living in teh City.
Original post by sophiekeown
I’m thinking of going to Cardiff met but unfortunately can’t get over to see the uni or the city? Does anyone have any experience and could help me out?

Hi there:smile:

Current Cardiff Uni student here!

Cardiff is definitely a city with a lot of character. People of very friendly here, smile at each other in the street etc. It's not the same vibe as people not making eye contact on the tube in London, for instance. There is plenty to do, whether that is nightlife or picnics, walks down the bay or sunset at Barry Island. There is always plenty to do.

Hope that helps

Jaz - Cardiff Uni Ref

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending