The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

sheffield or cardiff uni?

need help deciding, Sheffield or Cardiff uni for law?
Reply 1
I believe Sheffield is better than Cardiff but I've heard the Cardiff is cheaper. If you have enough money, go for Sheffield. I've read that its law course is better than Cardiff's. But the choice is up to you. You should also look city wise since you'll spend your whole uni course there.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hey,
I am not a law student so I cannot tell you much about the law department here, other than it having fantastic facilities. In terms of cities, they are both lovely and contrary to the other comment, Sheffield a very cheap student city to live in - especially compared to anywhere in the south of the UK. I would take into consideration the fact you will be living at either of these cities for at least 3 years, so it is important to have a look at them (either online or in person) and get a feel for whether you can see yourself living in either of these places. You can also contact students who are currently studying law and find out what their experiences are - this might help you to decide. https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/study/chat - this is the site where you can chat to Sheffield students - Cardiff may have a similar system too.
I hope this helps!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Original post by Anonymous

Hiya!

Law tends to be one of the most popular courses here in Cardiff! I don't study law unfortunately, but to echo the above comment, you can chat to Law students studying in Cardiff to see what it's like. Choosing a uni is a massive decision and there are a lot of factors to think about as well as the course itself! For example, the night-life, student life, location, what accommodation is like etc. When I made my decision for my top uni, a really helpful thing I found was to write down the pros and cons of each university to compare them easily. If you'd like any other insight to being a student at Cardiff to help you make your decision, I'd love to chat about it!

- Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Reply 4
Original post by CardiffUni Rep 2
Hiya!

Law tends to be one of the most popular courses here in Cardiff! I don't study law unfortunately, but to echo the above comment, you can chat to Law students studying in Cardiff to see what it's like. Choosing a uni is a massive decision and there are a lot of factors to think about as well as the course itself! For example, the night-life, student life, location, what accommodation is like etc. When I made my decision for my top uni, a really helpful thing I found was to write down the pros and cons of each university to compare them easily. If you'd like any other insight to being a student at Cardiff to help you make your decision, I'd love to chat about it!

- Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep

Hi Fatiha,
I'm considering Law at Cardiff this year. I am also muslim and wanted to know about halal food on campus, fast food places and ISOC .
Also which is the best accommodation . I wanted somewhere quiet and not too far from law building about 20 mins max.
Thankyou
Original post by Lawmom
Hi Fatiha,
I'm considering Law at Cardiff this year. I am also muslim and wanted to know about halal food on campus, fast food places and ISOC .
Also which is the best accommodation . I wanted somewhere quiet and not too far from law building about 20 mins max.
Thankyou

Hiya! So sorry for the late reply :smile:

We have loads of halal places on both campus and city center (which is right next to the campus!). The Student Union has a halal cafe, but the most famous place for halal grub is probably City Road, which is a short walk from campus. The whole road is basically just lined with halal restaurants, grocery shops and halal butchers :smile: its very convenient! On that road you'd find halal fast food places.

ISOC here is lovely! Here's a link to their page on the Student Union website. As someone who has taken part in the society it is a really welcoming environment, let me know if you had any further questions!

There are a lot of quiet accommodations, I guess it depends on your preferences, ie., do you mind sharing bathrooms or would you prefer ensuite? We have a female only accommodation very close the law building (less than 5 minutes) called Aberdare, although it is shared bathrooms. Ensuites would be a bit further away :smile:

I hope that helped!
- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
Reply 6
Same position here but for economics, I took a gap year so have received unconditional for both

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending