The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It sounds as if you've let her go....

The way this forum seems to be run has changed and I don't feel it to be a good change...

Such a shame, this used to be a fun place.
llap.png
Original post by 04MR17
I've been brewing on this for a while, and I am compelled to make this post to recognise how influential GK has been on this community for nearly a decade.

When TSR brought moderation in-house and made the report queue only accessible to paid staff, GK was there. GK was there when the "mods" became the Support Team and when the Support Team became the Volunteer Team. When the counting threads were being plagued by PinkTeddy accounts and the chat forum was filled with Baba ji spam threads - GK cleaned it up. When 3am TSR had troll threads targeting individual users with vicious and hurtful comments and even privacy breaches - GK sorted it out. When thousands of people queried why they had a card or their post was binned - GK answered. When there were so many reports it used to take 2 days to have a report reply, GK was there fighting the good fight. When young people were in serious need, GK made sure their TSR posts were in the right place for them to get help.

GK has been a constant in this community for my TSR-lifetime. Without GK the Faith and Spirituality forum would not currently exist, nor the Mental Health forum for that matter. GK worked with at least 4 different staff members responsible for safeguarding at TSR (Queen Cersei, Captain Jack BlinkyBill, Pink Unicorn) over the years and without GK's constant presence there may well have been some issues when handovers took place. GK deals with everything that gets thrown at the mods with the patience that a teacher would dream of, acts with such authority that a police officer would be envious, and conducted themselves with the professionalism to bring a tear to HR's eyes. I sounds very flamboyant when I say this but I mean it very sincerely. Gothic Kitten has been the best of TSR for as long as I've known this site. No matter what gripes you may have with the company, the site, other users, other decisions. Anyone who knows anything about this place knows that GK has been utterly bloody outstanding, fair, reasonable, and consistent.

I am especially grateful for working closely with GK over the past year to develop better standards of discussion in D&CA and also to bring the mod team and Volunteers closer together in working to develop the communities on this site.

I am writing this post to help express the longevity of GK's work to this site for anyone who hasn't been around as long, and also to say one big bloody thank you to @Gothic Kitten. You will be missed. :cry2:

YHARAPBTUR

:congrats:
" This is removed, thanks for your help "

I always really liked the way this was worded! Good luck with your future endeavours.
Original post by Genesiss
should not the appropriate response be excited for your future and best decision ever! Christ i feel like this whole thread is apologetic and i'm getting suspicious.

Only because she is appreciated and we will miss her. Of course we wish her all the best
Good bye!
Best wishes for the future.
Definitely not going to be the same without Gothic Kitten here! Has always been a friendly and dependable face across TSR and wish her all the best for the future. For all the rubbish that I'm sure you've had to see through reports, and the countless times you've helped make this place a better site for everyone, thank you :heart:
(edited 1 year ago)
One of the nicest and most professional moderators on here.

Understanding and didn't lecture you either.

A real gem on this site and a deep shame they've gone.

Best of luck in the future
One of the best mods imho. Best wishes to her for future
Reply 30
Only just seen this and best wishes for the future.

Sorry to here this. My experience of Gothic Kitten was that she was fair and also professional.
Original post by Cote1
Only just seen this and best wishes for the future.

Sorry to here this. My experience of Gothic Kitten was that she was fair and also professional.

She was a legend and I really miss seeing her on here. :frown:

Gone but not forgotten though. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Baracunda_13
Not surprising at all.

Left seems like a euphemism on this particular occasion...

Joined Sept '22 with 31 posts :/
Reply 33
Original post by Baracunda_13
Who?

That's kinda what I was wondering - or rather what the back story is.
Gothic Kitten was good, it's sad that she left
PS: I haven't been active in years so I didn't know she left

Latest

Trending

Trending