The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

1st Year Bath Undergraduate Accommodation

What is (based on your experience) is the best 1st Year Undergraduate accommodation in terms of quality, affordability, location, nightlife, etc etc?
Original post by MoAltrabsheh
What is (based on your experience) is the best 1st Year Undergraduate accommodation in terms of quality, affordability, location, nightlife, etc etc?

I mean in terms of nightlife, most accommodation is on campus so unfortunately involves a bus trip into the city for the clubs in town - unless you are a keen walker. Staying in city accommodation definitely has its benefits as it is short walk back from the few clubs in the town - but requires a bus to campus to make lectures. In terms of the best flat experience I'd opt for the cheaper accommodations - more people per flat so more opportunity to meet someone you like, and better atmosphere due to the sharing nature of the flat e.g. Eastwood. Would have to put a disclaimer about the nightlife though, if you are from a major city, the nature of Baths underground clubs will for sure be an unsatisfactory experience, so get drinking early.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by MoAltrabsheh

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

On affordability, I think the best thing to do is view the prices for the various options and decide what your budget suits. You can see the 2022/23 prices here: https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/undergraduate-accommodation-prices/.

All the accommodation buildings are maintained to a high quality. In terms of location, I think the main choice is whether you'd like campus or city centre accommodation. Bath is a relatively compact campus, so you are within walking distance of all facilities regardless of the accommodation building. Whereas, in the city centre you are in a very convenient place for evening/weekend activities but will need to travel to campus frequently - there is a 24/7 bus route close to the accommodation.

Hope this helps and please do ask if you have any further questions.

James
Final Year Student

Quick Reply

Latest