The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Why Did I Choose Staffordshire University?

I knew I wanted to make games. I leaned towards the games programming side but I also wanted to touch on the design aspects of games to be able to in theory develop a game from start to finish by myself (I realise now it isn’t that simple)

There were a lot of different game courses around in the UK, but they were either completely design or programming.The module breakdowns for each course were also often vague or uninteresting.

I found out about Staffordshire from a friend the year above me who showed me the course I ultimately chose here ‘Computer Games Design and Programming’. It sounded like that course had been made specifically for me. So I looked into the uni as a whole.

This is where I learned that within the computer games education courses, they were the leading in the UK, and had a very high job graduate job level.
When I then went to an actual open day, spoke to the lectures, and saw their showreel of past students' projects (impressed me a lot). I decided that this would be my first-choice uni to go to.
Now that I am finishing uni in a week’s time, with a nice portfolio and a job lined up I can see that I made the right decision.
Not in the sense, I am leaving in a good place because I chose Staffordshire. It is because I put the effort in and in return, Staffordshire university enabled me to produce my best work through their resources and facilities and gave me the opportunities to challenge myself which is reflected in my personal development and products.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending