The Student Room Group

PCDA Staffordshire Police Code of Ethics Interview

Hi!
I just wanted to know roughly how long others have waited to find out when their Code of Ethics interview or were given more information regarding it for Staffordshire Police.
I got my results on March 1st for the Online Assessment Centre ( I scored a 3, 3 & 4) and was wondering what the usual time frame is?
Also, what was the Code of Ethics interview like and what kind of questions were asked? (for example). I know at one point candidates had to role play situations and had to make a presentation of some kind- at least as part of the Police Now programme during lockdown I believe but I don't think this is part of the Code of Ethics interview for the PCDA?
Thank you to anyone reading this and those who respond! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lxstdaisy
Hi!
I just wanted to know roughly how long others have waited to find out when their Code of Ethics interview or were given more information regarding it for Staffordshire Police.
I got my results on March 1st for the Online Assessment Centre ( I scored a 3, 3 & 4) and was wondering what the usual time frame is?
Also, what was the Code of Ethics interview like and what kind of questions were asked? (for example). I know at one point candidates had to role play situations and had to make a presentation of some kind- at least as part of the Police Now programme during lockdown I believe but I don't think this is part of the Code of Ethics interview for the PCDA?
Thank you to anyone reading this and those who respond! :smile:

Had my email today to book and interview so it took just over 2 weeks from getting my results from the OAC to an email to book my Code of Ethics Interview :biggrin:
Reply 2
Hey, I have recently completed my OAC too and I’m waiting for the interview to get booked. Have you had your interview yet? If so can you let me know how it goes just for me to get an idea ?? Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Cal7281
Hey, I have recently completed my OAC too and I’m waiting for the interview to get booked. Have you had your interview yet? If so can you let me know how it goes just for me to get an idea ?? Thanks

Mines booked towards the end of April but I’ll let you know once I’ve had it! :smile:
Reply 4
Mines booked towards the end of April but I’ll let you know once I’ve had it! :smile:

How long did it take for you to get it booked? I have got my results just over a week ago and still not heard anything from them?
Reply 5
Original post by Cal7281
How long did it take for you to get it booked? I have got my results just over a week ago and still not heard anything from them?

I had to wait just over a week from getting the actual results with my scores to getting the email with the email to sign into the Staffordshire police website to choose a slot for my interview (so March 1st I got my actual results and on March 15th I was emailed to book my interview) - for me all the slots were in just over a months time from the email to book it.
Reply 6
So, they let you book it in about a months advance? I’m just so on edge rn I just want to do it tbh, after the final interview If successful you get you to the fitness test and then vetting right?
Reply 7
Original post by Cal7281
So, they let you book it in about a months advance? I’m just so on edge rn I just want to do it tbh, after the final interview If successful you get you to the fitness test and then vetting right?

Yep! There’s was at least 10 different slots for me to choose from all with different times. In my email to book my interview they also told me when my fitness test and biometrics would be and to keep that day free in case I do pass my interview.
I’m absolutely bricking it in all honestly but considering the fact we’ve made it this far in the process and the forces need to recruit more officers - hopefully it’ll all go smoothly 🤞
Reply 8
Original post by Cal7281

Yes I think vetting is after the fitness, biometrics and medical and then it’s a conditional offer of they choose to give one
Reply 9
Hopefully, surely if they tell you when your fitness test is and biometrics are as long as your interview doesn’t go too bad you should pass haha
Reply 10
Yes I think vetting is after the fitness, biometrics and medical and then it’s a conditional offer of they choose to give one

Oh right I get you. I’ve been so anxious recently trying to figure it all out, trying to watch vids on the interview etc but I just wanna know when the interview actually will be lol
Reply 11
Same!! All I’ve found on here and Reddit is people saying if they’ve passed or failed and what happens next rather than how the interview itself went and the process - all I know is that I need to bring two pieces of ID with me like what I emailed photos of before my online assessments. From what I’ve seen it’s sounds like competency based interview and also why you want to be a police officer and things like that?
Reply 12
Original post by Cal7281
Hopefully, surely if they tell you when your fitness test is and biometrics are as long as your interview doesn’t go too bad you should pass haha

Hopefully 🤞
Reply 13
Same!! All I’ve found on here and Reddit is people saying if they’ve passed or failed and what happens next rather than how the interview itself went and the process - all I know is that I need to bring two pieces of ID with me like what I emailed photos of before my online assessments. From what I’ve seen it’s sounds like competency based interview and also why you want to be a police officer and things like that?

I thought it was online? Is it in person?😂😂
Reply 14
Original post by Cal7281
I thought it was online? Is it in person?😂😂

Yep! I have to be there 10 minutes early and it’s in front of an interview panel and I don’t know if that makes it worse or not as I didnt enjoy doing the interview in the OAC online
Reply 15
For the OAC centre I did it online? And the police I’m applying for isn’t even in my city I have to travel like 2.5 hours to get there if the interview is in person
Reply 16
Original post by Cal7281
For the OAC centre I did it online? And the police I’m applying for isn’t even in my city I have to travel like 2.5 hours to get there if the interview is in person

I would contact the force you’re applying with as I think it’s slightly different for each one? I know with the force I’m applying with it’s in person
Reply 17
Tbh not sure it just says interview but they’ll probs give more details once they invite me to the interview to book my slot
Reply 18
Hey have you had your interview yet?
Reply 19
Original post by Cal7281
Hey have you had your interview yet?

I’ve got my interview in just under two weeks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending