The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

CSM online interview tips?

I just got an interview w csm after already submitting the 15 page mini portfolio,, it's supposed to last 10-15 minutes does anyone have advice for preparing your full portfolio? is it better to keep it short with so little time or put in a lot more pages of process and whatnot? worried about getting lost in the sauce lol..since it's not a lay it all out on the table situation like in-person would be
Hi !! Congrats on your interview invitation. Can I just ask you how long it takes to get an interview invitation after you submitted the portfolio?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Hey guys.
I have my interview tomorrow and I’m not sure how to feel. Haha! I applied for MA Fashion Communication: Fashion Journalism 2023, and I got my interview invitation about a week after application.

I’d have asked if anyone had tips, but I’m not sure I’d get a response before my interview tomorrow. I’m an international student, so wish me luck!
Original post by annyeong12
Hi !! Congrats on your interview invitation. Can I just ask you how long it takes to get an interview invitation after you submitted the portfolio?

Hey, I applied for MA Fashion Communication: Fashion Journalism, and I got my interview invite about a week after submitting my application.
Interview’s tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Original post by annyeong12

Hi! Sorry it took so long for me to reply, i coudn't find my login lol, it took maybe 3 weeks to a month to get an invitation, and then it was scheduled for another 3 weeks out? So it seems to vary!
Original post by Covenantchild
Hey guys.
I have my interview tomorrow and I’m not sure how to feel. Haha! I applied for MA Fashion Communication: Fashion Journalism 2023, and I got my interview invitation about a week after application.

I’d have asked if anyone had tips, but I’m not sure I’d get a response before my interview tomorrow. I’m an international student, so wish me luck!

good luck, rooting for you! I think the only advice we can all give ourselves at this point is believe in yourself <3<3!!
Haha! Thank you so much!
Literally got my offer on the spot. Lol.
We didn’t even go long into the conversation.

I think he was just very impressed by my online portfolio and the number of publications I have written for, coupled with my experience in fashion designing.
The offer mail came in this evening.

He was just concerned about my tuition, asked me a little about African fashion, stopped me while I spoke and said “you know what? I’m gonna stop you right there. We want you at CSM.” Lmao!
Real gag is that I have a BA in Agriculture and graduated with a 2.2. 💀

Original post by Anonymous
good luck, rooting for you! I think the only advice we can all give ourselves at this point is believe in yourself <3<3!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Haha! Thank you so much!
Literally got my offer on the spot. Lol.
We didn’t even go long into the conversation.

I think he was just very impressed by my online portfolio and the number of publications I have written for, coupled with my experience in fashion designing.
The offer mail came in this evening.

He was just concerned about my tuition, asked me a little about African fashion, stopped me while I spoke and said “you know what? I’m gonna stop you right there. We want you at CSM.” Lmao!
Real gag is that I have a BA in Agriculture and graduated with a 2.2. 💀

Ahhh that's incredible congratulations!!!!! It's ok the real gag is that i have a BS not even a BA lmao, anyways so happy for you I hope you can celebrate now!!
Original post by Anonymous
Ahhh that's incredible congratulations!!!!! It's ok the real gag is that i have a BS not even a BA lmao, anyways so happy for you I hope you can celebrate now!!

Haha! Thank you.
How was your application? Did you get in?
Reply 9
Haha! Thank you so much!Literally got my offer on the spot. Lol. We didn’t even go long into the conversation.I think he was just very impressed by my online portfolio and the number of publications I have written for, coupled with my experience in fashion designing. The offer mail came in this evening.He was just concerned about my tuition, asked me a little about African fashion, stopped me while I spoke and said “you know what? I’m gonna stop you right there. We want you at CSM.” Lmao!Real gag is that I have a BA in Agriculture and graduated with a 2.2. 💀
getting an on the spot offer from csm is insane. congrats, hope the ma is going well for u
Original post by Anonymous #1
I just got an interview w csm after already submitting the 15 page mini portfolio,, it's supposed to last 10-15 minutes does anyone have advice for preparing your full portfolio? is it better to keep it short with so little time or put in a lot more pages of process and whatnot? worried about getting lost in the sauce lol..since it's not a lay it all out on the table situation like in-person would be
I'd say focus on showing a strong variety of work, ideally from the work you sent in your mini portfolio– with more pages showing how you got from point A to point B. From there in the interview talk about the project you feel the strongest about and if you have some time left skim over the rest showing what else u can do :3, hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending