The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

MA Fashion Journalism at CSM 2023 Applications

Hiiii.
I guess I’m starting this thread? Im an international student looking to study MA Fashion Communication: Fashion Journalism at CSM. Are there others who are interested?

I need help and information sharing, if that makes sense? I applied for the course and got a response a week later for an interview which is happening in a few days?
Are there people here who would like to give pointers on what to expect, interview wise?
There’s not much online that helps journalism students. Super scared and so do not want ti fvck this up!! 😭😭😭
Hiii. Just want to add that I GOT MY OFFER on the spot and I can’t even contain the excitement. Super happy!!

My only challenge however, is that I’m an international student, and is banking on the postgraduate scholarship for international students. Can’t apply for it unless the offer reflects on the portal. Does anyone know how long it takes before the admissions body work on it? Help?!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Hey Congratulations! Do you have any advice or directives for an Ma Fashion Journalism portfolio? There isn’t too much information out there for the CSM MA program!
Original post by Irmavikander
Hey Congratulations! Do you have any advice or directives for an Ma Fashion Journalism portfolio? There isn’t too much information out there for the CSM MA program!

Hi there,
Thank you so much.

I don’t think that MA Fashion Journalism required that. I mean, during the application, they requested a test essay and that was it. They also suggested that we included a link to our portfolio at the bottom of our Personal Statement. It was optional, though, but I did that. Also referenced a lot of my work and bylines in my Personal Statement. I think that also helped me. If you could, you should totally do that. I read that personal statements should hold a lot of results, and I tried to do that with my bylines. I hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Covenantchild
Hi there,
Thank you so much.

I don’t think that MA Fashion Journalism required that. I mean, during the application, they requested a test essay and that was it. They also suggested that we included a link to our portfolio at the bottom of our Personal Statement. It was optional, though, but I did that. Also referenced a lot of my work and bylines in my Personal Statement. I think that also helped me. If you could, you should totally do that. I read that personal statements should hold a lot of results, and I tried to do that with my bylines. I hope this helps. :smile:

Hello! I'm an international student from hong kong and am applying for MA Fashion communication:Fashion Journalism this year and I just got an interview invitation, may I ask more about how's your interview go and any tips of the interview? Thanks a lot!!!!!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by amandamokwt
Hello! I'm an international student from hong kong and am applying for MA Fashion communication:Fashion Journalism this year and I just got an interview invitation, may I ask more about how's your interview go and any tips of the interview? Thanks a lot!!!!!

Hey there,
Congratulations to you! I didn’t move forward with attending CSM as it was pretty expensive, and I was
banking on the scholarship. But back to your question— I wasn’t really asked anything school related. I think that from my portfolio, they already had in mind to offer the admission, but just wanted to meet formally. Like I stated, I was offered the admission on the spot. What we discussed was how I intended to pay tuition, why I chose them, and what my plans were for the future— did I plan to stay in the UK after graduation, or did I plan to leave to my home country, after.

When I was preparing, I read that you should focus more on the school and what you’ve written in the personal statement. I called a lot of names they have trained in the school, and how those people have inspired my journey. I also talked about how they make successes out of people, and how I wanted them to be a part of my success story. Just be transparent and fluent with your response. Roger was really sweet. Goodluck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending