The Student Room Group

interview for csm - product and industrial design

i got invited to an interview. i haven’t booked a slot yet since they’re doing online interviews at around mid march.

i don’t really know what to expect, if you’ve had an interview for csm or product and industrial design, can you share your experiences?
my advice for you is to know your portfolio well so if they ask you anything about it be ready to talk. Know your inspirations, designers you love and get inspired from. Know why you want to go to csm and specifically that program.
I had my interview earlier this month, for the MA industrial design program. I was asked- why I want to pursue a grad program, why CSM, what am I bringing to the course, what do I see myself doing in the next 5-10 years. Good luck!
Hi, congrats on being selected for an interview! I was wondering how long it took them to reach out to you after you uploaded your portfolio?
hey thanks! i uploaded my portfolio on 17/Dec, got an interview invite on 9/Feb, interviewed on 16/Feb
Thank youu!
Original post by Dendo2405
Hi, congrats on being selected for an interview! I was wondering how long it took them to reach out to you after you uploaded your portfolio?

i uploaded my portfolio on dec 16 and got an email for an interview just a couple days ago
Ok, thank you!
Original post by designkid23
I had my interview earlier this month, for the MA industrial design program. I was asked- why I want to pursue a grad program, why CSM, what am I bringing to the course, what do I see myself doing in the next 5-10 years. Good luck!

Hi! I have my interview for MA Industrial Design next week and have a couple of questions. Did you get told the outcome at the end of the interview or did you have to wait? Also was there a focus on your portfolio during the interview or simply the questions you mentioned? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest