The Student Room Group

DSA reimburse for printer toner cartridges?

I had my needs assessment done last year and a part of it was agreed for me to get a printer to aid me in my studies which, I must admit, has tremendously helped. I am currently still waiting for a needs assessment for the next year (it's all been approved by SFE).

Now, I opted to contribute to getting a better printer as I had poor experiences with ink-based ones, so I got a laser one. Consequently, the toner cartridges are a tad bit more expensive... starting at ~£120 each for the original. I can get off-brand compatible ones for a lot cheaper, but it still would end up eating a bit into my budget.

I was wondering if the DSA would generally reimburse (even in part) towards the costs of these supplies?
My assessor told me DSA don't fund printing just because it's more expensive (for example cheaper to print in uni than pay for ink + print at home or type of printer). However, if you can justify why your medical needs mean that you need to print more than the average person, you can be reimbursed. My yearly allowance for this for example is £180
Reply 2
Will they pay for the printer costs like ink and paper all in bulk or do they prefer you to pay as you go?
Original post by Jayzee90s
Will they pay for the printer costs like ink and paper all in bulk or do they prefer you to pay as you go?

I think you get a yearly allowance for ink but I’m not sure, I think that I have one.

But please don’t but old threads in this context, it’s better to make a new thread in disabled students asking about your query.

Latest

Trending

Trending