The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Module grade roundup

Hi

How do module grades get rounded up exactly? I got 65.25% for one, which I'm a bit disappointed with, though other modules over the past two years I've got 70% and above. Does that contribute to how they're rounded up too?

Thanks
Original post by DustyShinigami
Hi

How do module grades get rounded up exactly? I got 65.25% for one, which I'm a bit disappointed with, though other modules over the past two years I've got 70% and above. Does that contribute to how they're rounded up too?

Thanks

Your question implies that you think rounding takes place. Where have you read that?

According to Staffordshire University's Academic Award Regulations Policy:
7.3. The calculation of the base classification will be expressed to two decimal places and will not be rounded up or down.

Note that this is relation to the classification for the whole qualification (e.g. the honours degree), but it make little sense to use two decimal places with no rounding for the whole qualification if that doesn't also apply to the individual modules. Hence I can see no evidence that module scores are rounded.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
I(Original post by DataVenia)Your question implies that you think rounding takes place. Where have you read that?

According to Staffordshire University's Academic Award Regulations Policy:

Note that this is relation to the classification for the whole qualification (e.g. the honours degree), but it make little sense to use two decimal places with no rounding for the whole qualification if that doesn't also apply to the individual modules. Hence I can see no evidence that module scores are rounded.

I meant for individual modules, not the final degree score/grade. Even one of my tutors sent out an email to everyone today and said 'Module Total is the grade that will be input into e:vision. These will be rounded, blackboard likes to include unrounded numbers which is a little annoying...'
Original post by DustyShinigami
...one of my tutors sent out an email to everyone today and said 'Module Total is the grade that will be input into e:vision. These will be rounded, blackboard likes to include unrounded numbers which is a little annoying...'

Understood. That tutor is probably the best person to which your question should be directed. (Assuming no-one on here responds with the answer.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending