The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Undergrad Biomedical sciences Dissertation proposal

Hello,

I am currently enrolled part-time in the BSc Biomedical sciences course at Napier and I wanted to propose my own topic of research for my final dissertation, as it is my intention to continue into a MSc that allows me to further develop this topic. However, I am not receiving any clear responses as to whether this is feasible or not.

Does anyone have any experience about proposing your own final dissertation topic? My doubt is mainly that I am not sure if my idea is good enough, and I have only done literature research on it right now.

If I wanted to propose a topic, how developed this idea should be and how much guidance can I receive in order to make it feasible?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks
Usually you are able to propose your own topic (in fact in humanities/social sciences fields it's normally required/expected for the student to propose their own topic), I'd suggest speaking with the module convener for the dissertation module to discuss the options in arranging such a dissertation.

Normally you'd need to get in touch with a prospective supervisor for the topic, discuss it with them to ascertain if they're happy to supervise the project and if they have any guidance on the title and scope of it, and then otherwise just needs to be rubber-stamped by the module leader.
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Quick Reply

Latest