The Student Room Group

Need a loan what is my best option

Hi, it's been a roughy couple of weeks/2 months for me. I had severe mental health problems was in and out of hospitals and medication. After a couple of weeks I'm finally better however after first year uni finished I wasn't able to carry on working due to my illness.

I had to borrow loads of money off friends and family and did my best to pay my bills. I've just noticed I've got up to £100 bills left to pay by next week and owe friends and family money urgently. I honestly have no idea how to raise these funds. I don't have a student overdraft (I keep getting rejected over and over again) and can't borrow money from family again.

I know most people advise against it but I need to take a short term loan I guess. I will have money in a few months so paying it off won't be an issue so is it possible if anyone could recommend me a way of obtaining this as I have no idea how to do it as I've never done it before and what is the best place to get one

Thanks!
Make sure to seek financial advice.
Original post by kurt0411
Hi, it's been a roughy couple of weeks/2 months for me. I had severe mental health problems was in and out of hospitals and medication. After a couple of weeks I'm finally better however after first year uni finished I wasn't able to carry on working due to my illness.

I had to borrow loads of money off friends and family and did my best to pay my bills. I've just noticed I've got up to £100 bills left to pay by next week and owe friends and family money urgently. I honestly have no idea how to raise these funds. I don't have a student overdraft (I keep getting rejected over and over again) and can't borrow money from family again.

I know most people advise against it but I need to take a short term loan I guess. I will have money in a few months so paying it off won't be an issue so is it possible if anyone could recommend me a way of obtaining this as I have no idea how to do it as I've never done it before and what is the best place to get one

Your university is likely to have a hardship fund which you can apply to. Try a web search for "<university name> hardship fund", or check with your university's student services/welfare service, etc. Also, talk to your student union.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending