The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

UEL Postgrad Waitlist

Experiencing an odd situation with UEL admissions and wondering if anyone has any advice or experienced something similar

I applied for a postgrad course at UEL and was offered and attended an interview a few months ago. When I was interviewed they told me that even if I was successful, I would have to be waitlisted since I was one of the last interviews so the course was already full. I found this strange because why would they have already made decisions before they interviewed all applicants? I applied early as well, so why is it that the time you get interviewed determines whether you got on the course?

Now it is months later and I never heard anything from admissions after contacting multiple times. Finally found out I was waitlisted a month ago but nobody ever told me by email or by the applicant portal. Is this normal? Has anyone ever been on a waitlist at UEL for a postgrad course and got into the course in the end?

I have studied at other universities here in London and never had this experience.
Original post by Anonymous
Experiencing an odd situation with UEL admissions and wondering if anyone has any advice or experienced something similar

I applied for a postgrad course at UEL and was offered and attended an interview a few months ago. When I was interviewed they told me that even if I was successful, I would have to be waitlisted since I was one of the last interviews so the course was already full. I found this strange because why would they have already made decisions before they interviewed all applicants? I applied early as well, so why is it that the time you get interviewed determines whether you got on the course?

Now it is months later and I never heard anything from admissions after contacting multiple times. Finally found out I was waitlisted a month ago but nobody ever told me by email or by the applicant portal. Is this normal? Has anyone ever been on a waitlist at UEL for a postgrad course and got into the course in the end?

I have studied at other universities here in London and never had this experience.

Hi, I hope you’re doing great :biggrin:

Every application has different circumstances, would you be able to get in touch with us so we can look into your case personally?

You can contact a member of the team at 020 8223 3333 and we will be able to assist you over the phone.

- Samantha
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending