The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Business School Waitlist

Hello,
I’m a prospective student for the IEM programme at the Imperial College Business School.
I have been waitlisted!
If there’s anyone who can let me know what percentage of students actually get accepted from the waitlist or anything that can be helpful for me to find out how the waitlist admission process works.

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I've seen a lot of people say that UK unis usually waitlist stronger candidates to compare incoming apps - not sure if this is true! What's your timeline like? When did you do your interview? I did mine last week so I guess I've got a long wait.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
I’m a prospective student for the IEM programme at the Imperial College Business School.
I have been waitlisted!
If there’s anyone who can let me know what percentage of students actually get accepted from the waitlist or anything that can be helpful for me to find out how the waitlist admission process works.

Hi? Any luck? I have been waitlisted for two programs! :frown: I could really use some help here!
Reply 3
I was rejected for the Msc Financial technology before because (I'm assuming) my career goals didn't necessarily align with what the course taught. My second choice was the MSc International Management and I've been on the waitlist of that since the 10th of February 😭😭.
I've sent a couple of emails with updates and they've just said that they'll add everything to my profile but can't update me on anything else. I'm thinking of sending another one and all, but yeah...
Tell me if you had any luck
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
I’ve been on the waitlist starting this month! And, I don’t know what to expect either! Mailing them so much could be a problem too! Idk but I know someone who just got off the waitlist! So, let’s hope we are next in like somewhere!
Reply 5
Original post by Pjsrtjjh
I’ve been on the waitlist starting this month! And, I don’t know what to expect either! Mailing them so much could be a problem too! Idk but I know someone who just got off the waitlist! So, let’s hope we are next in like somewhere!

Yeah but I think 3 emails in 4 months isn't THAT big of a deal breaker lool
Maybe it is
Did that person do anything? Or did they just wait?
Hello!
I've been waitlisted at Imperial Business School for an MSc Management programme. Can someone please shed some light on what it's like and what could it possibly mean? I'm really keen on studying at Imperial. It's my dream and the anticipation is making me nervous.

Thanks!
Yes even i have been placed on a waitlist at imperial for the same program. If you get any information do share that. I am very anxious regarding the decision. Hoping for the best.
Reply 8
I too have been waitlisted for Msc Business analytics today. Very confused about what to do next. :/
have you applied to other unis? you ask for an extension on your offer letter (if you've received any so far). and don't worry! Youll hear back soon. :smile:
Original post by Alt1509
I too have been waitlisted for Msc Business analytics today. Very confused about what to do next. :/
Reply 10
(Original post by Anonymous)have you applied to other unis? you ask for an extension on your offer letter (if you've received any so far). and don't worry! Youll hear back soon. :smile:

Hey, thanks for your kind words :smile:. I have other offers but this was my first choice so yeah. Do you happen to have any idea when I might hear back from the uni regarding the waitlist decision?
Original post by Alt1509

Hi!

I have been waitlisted for the same program since mid Dec last year. I emailed them twice, the first one they replied, the second one they did not haha. Do let me know if you get any new information. Thank you and good luck to both of us! 😄
Reply 12
Original post by Hykalazri1993
Hi!

I have been waitlisted for the same program since mid Dec last year. I emailed them twice, the first one they replied, the second one they did not haha. Do let me know if you get any new information. Thank you and good luck to both of us! 😄

AAAAAAA! now I am more anxious. Is Waitlist a soft reject? And yeah, hoping for the best. Please do update here in case you get to know anything.
hey! i dont think it is a soft reject. I've read they waitlist candidates to compare them with incoming applications. Also, they arent obliged to keep you on the waiting list. You do stand a strong chance, or else nothing is stopping them from sending getting that rejection email. For now, the the timing sucks, and if someone drops their offer it'll give them another chance to review your application. Hope this helps. Good luck :smile: and don't worry!
Original post by Alt1509
AAAAAAA! now I am more anxious. Is Waitlist a soft reject? And yeah, hoping for the best. Please do update here in case you get to know anything.
Hi! Have you received your final decision? I also got waitlisted from imperial business school, and want to know how long they will give final decision
Hi! I got waitlisted for the same programme! Hope we get our decision soon!

Original post by Anonymous
hey! i dont think it is a soft reject. I've read they waitlist candidates to compare them with incoming applications. Also, they arent obliged to keep you on the waiting list. You do stand a strong chance, or else nothing is stopping them from sending getting that rejection email. For now, the the timing sucks, and if someone drops their offer it'll give them another chance to review your application. Hope this helps. Good luck :smile: and don't worry!
Reply 16
I got waitlisted for MSc International Management on the 7th of March. Any idea regarding the last date for a reply for people who've been waitlisted?
Thankyouu!
Hey! I've been waitlisted since Feb. I think the last date like the final one would be July. That is way too long, and I don't think your application will take so long! You can definitely drop them an email.
Original post by srd3
I got waitlisted for MSc International Management on the 7th of March. Any idea regarding the last date for a reply for people who've been waitlisted?
Thankyouu!
Reply 18
hii, ya final deadline for a reply is 14th july for the last round. I did mail them, but they gave the same standard reply;(.
Lmk when you do hear back!

(Original post by Anonymous)Hey! I've been waitlisted since Feb. I think the last date like the final one would be July. That is way too long, and I don't think your application will take so long! You can definitely drop them an email.
Reply 19
Hey, did you get into imperial? I also sent them updates on my application. But there's no response yet. You think I shall wait?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending