The Student Room Group

how much does it cost to build your own housing estate (5 houses?)

Just out of curiousity, I was wondering how much it would cost to pay a company to build houses to then sell off for profit, would this be worth doing does anyone know rough costs of 2 and 3 bed semis and detached for construction?
If you're looking to self build, I'd first look into self build mortgages first, unless you're funding it yourself. I'm no expert, but I'd imagine that it strongly depends on the local property market, the local labor (skilled worker) market; not to mention the rising cost of building materials.
Original post by greentiger
Just out of curiousity, I was wondering how much it would cost to pay a company to build houses to then sell off for profit, would this be worth doing does anyone know rough costs of 2 and 3 bed semis and detached for construction?

Cost of land depending where you are about could be expensive
Planning permission costs
architect costs
Lawyers and solicitor's fee's
Average cost of building a new house varies from between £90k - £175k per property plus landscaping costs
Road access and construction
In which country and local region?

Probably around £3 million per estate for England, just under £2 million for Scotland and Wales.
Including the fees to cover the total costs of architects, planning advice & permits, surveyors, project managers, legal bills, insurance, taxes, purchasing the site, paying for building supplies and construction workers.
Estate agents and furniture would all cost extra.
Original post by greentiger

Dude it is cheaper to rent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending