The Student Room Group

How are you planning to buy your first house?

Owning my own cozy house has always been my dream. My dad has 3 houses to be passed down among me and my other 2 siblings but i always wanted to buy my own. I like the feeling of security and satisfaction of having my own house.

I prefer landed to apartment. Even if its just a single storrey terrace.

But i just checked the price of my ideal house and my god it costs a bomb. There is no way i can afford one with my current salary. I need to start saving and maybe a bit of help from my parents before i can afford one.

What are your plans for your first home?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HucktheForde
Owning my own cozy house has always been my dream. My dad has 3 houses to be passed down among me and my other 2 siblings but i always wanted to buy my own. I like to feeling of security and satisfaction of having my own house.

But i just checked the price of my ideal house and my god it costs a bomb. There is no way i can afford one with my current salary.

Use my returns from crypto to buy it :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Ninja Squirrel

Spoiler

bitcoin is moving sideways if not down..... I bought some of mine around 2k + , most of them around 4-5k, and top up a bit around 7k and 12k.

I can still get out for a profit now. But no where near life changing money.
Sell my spleen and/or kidneys?

I honestly don’t know - houses where I live are expensive and I don’t want to give up living in the center as I’ve grown accustomed to everything being on my doorstep. Oh well!

Realistically it’ll probably be another year to 18 months before I have enough for my share of a deposit. I’m on a decent wage and so is my partner it’s just that bloody deposit that’s so hard! Once we’ve got that out of the way the actual mortgage payments will probably be less than our rent payments.
Reply 4
Passing GO a few times and landing on property.
Reply 5
Ideally I want to take ours off me Mam and Dad, which'd facilitate them ****ing off abroad. But it's reliant on my post-qualification job security, obviously.
Moved to Money and Finance
Owning my own cozy house has always been my dream. My dad has 3 houses to be passed down among me and my other 2 siblings but i always wanted to buy my own. I like the feeling of security and satisfaction of having my own house.

But i just checked the price of my ideal house and my god it costs a bomb. There is no way i can afford one with my current salary. I need to start saving and maybe a bit of help from my parents before i can afford one.

Probably not going to own anything until I'm making a substantial amount of money.. Plan to live and work in metropolitan high cost of living areas so kinda figures.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Ill keep saving for a deposit and working hard to save, so i can get a higher mortgage...
Original post by Ninja Squirrel

Spoiler

:yawn:
Cash, preferably in pennies

Im looking into houses at the moment.
Im only looking into a 2 bed terraced house, so nothing too flash. Ive got enough for a deposit as im a tight wad. Just finding the right one now.
No idea lmao
I'm 22 years old and I bought a house.

I'm going to suprise my girlfriend with the house and a wedding ring !
I already bought my own home thank goodness that one out the bucket list!
Original post by WiseAdvice
I'm 22 years old and I bought a house.

I'm going to suprise my girlfriend with the house and a wedding ring !

Lol hope she says yes then
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Lol hope she says yes then

where having a kid .. due to come September .. i doubt she will say "no".
Original post by WiseAdvice
where having a kid .. due to come September .. i doubt she will say "no".

living the dream life
By going to the estate agents and finding a house to buy.
Original post by PakistanZindabad
By going to the estate agents and finding a house to buy.

do you have the rupees though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending