The Student Room Group

Personal statement when applying to PPE at Oxford and PE elsewhere

So I've been drafting my personal statement and since I'm applying to LSE PE (where the personal statement is essential) I'm trying to avoid discussing anything irrelevant to that course.

For philosophy, I talked about my readings of political philosophies/ ideologies and Marxist theory, I'm just wondering if that would be sufficient for the Oxford tutors or if it's not demonstrating 'equal interest' enough.

Thank you!
Oxford say 2/3 disciplines are fine. Look on PPE website if you want to confirm this.
Reply 2
Sorry I can't find the part on the spot on their website that explicitly says so. Would you mind sending me the link as I'd just like to check :smile:

Thank you!
https://www.ppe.ox.ac.uk/how-prepare

Bottom of the page, under Personal Statement. I really would tailor to LSE, it's very low priority for Oxford.
As above, it seems Oxford specifically do not prejudice applications that are for 2 or even just 1 of the 3 subjects. Given also that in general the PS is not the most important thing for Oxford, while for LSE it holds a huge amount of weight, you should definitely tailor your PS to LSE. For Oxford just focus on doing very well on the TSA, as that will more likely determine if you are called for interview.
Reply 5
tysm for the help <3 will tailor it more towards LSE for sure then
Reply 6
Hi, I have the exact same problem… I’m applying to PE at UCL and LSE, but PPE at KCL. Did you talk about political philosophy much? Also did you manage to get into LSE? Update me!! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Anyazz
Hi, I have the exact same problem… I’m applying to PE at UCL and LSE, but PPE at KCL. Did you talk about political philosophy much? Also did you manage to get into LSE? Update me!! :smile:

im applying to ppe at kcl and warwick but just philosophy at lse since I don't take maths it actually sucks cos my ps is so weird now:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending