The Student Room Group

Stopped and searched by the police paranoia now!

I drove to the beach with mt bf and then decided to smoke cannabis. We went back to the car and I said I couldn't drive and wasn't ready to walk yet so we were sitting in thr car for about an hr or 2 in the back keys not even in the ignition.

Police officers come to this car park, typical and target us out of the 20 odd cars all with poeple getting high. Funny how the whole car park cleared out while tje police searched us! Didn't get any charge or fine just a warning and my cars been tagged because it was on me at the time. But I made it clear I intended to walk home.. to which they said isn't 30 mins long to walk but if im too high I always walk and i didnt seem high and was very calm and composed so they were lenient on us . Yes they did ruined our night we were having a cute romantic time there and to add dk why we were playing classical music, we are early 20s don't even ask the police probably thought wth 😂

My question just is is this a big deal? We arent dependant, first time wed driven somewhere to do it so typical police showed up.

And how often/likely is it for me to be pulled over due to my car being tagged and how long will this last? More worried for that as I bet I get late to work now and just constantly drive looking over my shoulder thinking any blue flash lights are directed at Me ahhhh.
What were their grounds to 'stop' and 'search' you, besides you lot smoking some pot ?

I wouldn't get paranoid about it, that incident was a minor. Move on, don't get paranoid about it. Happens. Just don't get caught over and over again though lol
Easy, don't mix the smelliest drug in the world with driving a car where you aren't allowed to be under the influence and can be checked on the spot based on that smell. The fact that you decided to loiter in the same car park with loads of other dodgy types, makes it seem kinda obvious cops would be aware of it and check it now and again for some cheap drug & motoring tickets.

Certainly possible that vehicle will be pulled in the future as drugs related, and if they decide to make an issue of you being under the influence it could get a lot worse for you real fast. You can avoid this by not carrying drugs.
Original post by Grande_Cojones78
What were their grounds to 'stop' and 'search' you, besides you lot smoking some pot ?

I wouldn't get paranoid about it, that incident was a minor. Move on, don't get paranoid about it. Happens. Just don't get caught over and over again though lol

Just the fact they smelt pot and could smell in on us. Idk what made them cone to my car specifically surely they couldn't smell it from outside the car, we didn't smoke in the car so it would have just been the linger or it on us.
I’ve never understood why people smoke weed in the car. You might as well paint a big red target on the back of your car.

Don’t forget drugs don’t just disappear out of your system when you stop feeling the effects. Depending on your usage and tests they use it could be days, weeks, months.

If your going to do it and not get caught- maybe don’t pick an area the police clearly know about
My best advice to you now if your car is marked- don’t smoke weed, don’t carry drugs on you. Because you can guarantee for a while the police are going to hound you pulling you over.

If they think they have just cause to drug test you- they will. And if you come back positive, you will get a ban (assuming your over a certain limit- they will arrest you and take you for blood tests)

They have given you a caution, and hoping you’re going to be lax about it and think “got away with it this time, I will next time”. You won’t.
Original post by fedoraexplora
My best advice to you now if your car is marked- don’t smoke weed, don’t carry drugs on you. Because you can guarantee for a while the police are going to hound you pulling you over.

If they think they have just cause to drug test you- they will. And if you come back positive, you will get a ban (assuming your over a certain limit- they will arrest you and take you for blood tests)

They have given you a caution, and hoping you’re going to be lax about it and think “got away with it this time, I will next time”. You won’t.

It's been 6 months and I never got pulled over from that instance lol. I never have drugs in the car or smoke in there anyway it was that one occasion and we smoked outside the car and got back in but obviously smelt of it. But yeah police don't seem to care to pull me over tag might even be gone now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending