The Student Room Group

Eduqas a level biology

Can someone please tell me if they study eduqas a level biology?
Original post by Alevelhelp.1

Yep, I do and I am soooo worried about how it's going to turn out. All I want is to meet my offer - I found it so much harder than Chemistry. In fairness I studied much more for chemistry
I had to double check I read that title correctly- I literally don't know anyone who does Eduqas outside of my college lol

Original post by bobsteven
Yep, I do and I am soooo worried about how it's going to turn out. All I want is to meet my offer - I found it so much harder than Chemistry. In fairness I studied much more for chemistry

Good luck for Thursday! They were so cheeky with the advanced info this year lol
I need an A for my offer so I'm sweating bullets right now. :s:
Original post by bobsteven
Yep, I do and I am soooo worried about how it's going to turn out. All I want is to meet my offer - I found it so much harder than Chemistry. In fairness I studied much more for

can you guys help me with biology I’m so stuck and I’m struggling soooo much I get Ds on every exam and I study soooo much mindmaps, flashcard etc and lots of practice qs I just need help
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by SillySonka
I had to double check I read that title correctly- I literally don't know anyone who does Eduqas outside of my college lol

Lol, have you taken your final exams yet I’m going to have them in 2023

Haha I probably used to go to ur college, I finished in 2020 and haven’t met anyone else who did it outside of my college either lol
Lol, have you taken your final exams yet I’m going to have them in 2023

Yup just had them this year... I get consistent Bs no matter how much I revise but I'm hoping for an A this year.:crossedf:
can you guys help me with biology I’m so stuck and I’m struggling soooo much I get Ds on every exam and I study soooo much mindmaps, flashcard etc and lots of practice qs I just need help

Yeah bio is really iffy, I've walked out of exams thinking I've smashed it and got a B, or just stared out the window for 30 minutes straight and still get a B :confused:

Here are some resources I used for my A level Prep:
1) The Teacher's HandBook: https://www.wjec.co.uk/media/s5pfurs5/alevel-biology-teacher-handbook.pdf
- Way better than the Spec as it goes in so much more detail- covers everything that your teachers should be teaching in class.
- The practicals you can get assessed are all covered in here: make sure to learn these
- I used Anki (Digital flashcard software) and took screen shots of every spec point then used the image occlusion tool to cover the key bits. Try do the flashcards as often as you can- daily is a bit unrealistic as I had over hundred of cards i needed to review but try bang out as many cards as you can during holidays. What's great about Anki is that is spaces out your reviews so once you've committed a card to memory it won't come up for a while so you can focus on the new stuff. This is probably why towards the last few mocks I had I didn't really revise and still did pretty solid since a lot of it was in my long term memory.

2) WJEC question bank: https://questionbank.wjec.co.uk/question-bank/question-search.html
- Has all the questions from past papers for both Eduqas and the Welsh equivalent which you can look up by topic.
- Great for QER practice

3) There's not much else I personally used apart from past papers but if you go on the Eduqas website, type in Biology there's a section called resources where they have some interactive learning slides and exam walkthroughs. If you run out of past papers my teacher recommended AQA papers as they are the most similar to our spec.

Here's some tips for exam technique:
This is the order I tackled all my papers this year: I only ran out of time for Paper 1 and had to rush the QER :frown:
1) Look at the QER and read it through but dont answer it right away- just keep it in the back of your mind and go back to it at the last 15 mins or as soon as you finish the rest of the paper.
2) Maths Questions : Literally free marks in my opinion except for Calibration which is a bit tricky, make sure to read them carefully- whoever wrote this year's paper made some of the questions unnecessarily complicated with all the waffling.
3)Flip through and do the questions you're most confident in- spend most of your time on these.
4)Write down key words/phrases for the questions you're not too sure about- don't spend too much time dwelling on them.
5)Tackling the QER is way easier if you make small subheadings for yourself in your answer to make sure you've covered everything.

If you need any other help just lemme know:u:
Yup just had them this year... I get consistent Bs no matter how much I revise but I'm hoping for an A this year.:crossedf:

Yeah bio is really iffy, I've walked out of exams thinking I've smashed it and got a B, or just stared out the window for 30 minutes straight and still get a B :confused:

1) The Teacher's HandBook: https://www.wjec.co.uk/media/s5pfurs5/alevel-biology-teacher-handbook.pdf
- Way better than the Spec as it goes in so much more detail- covers everything that your teachers should be teaching in class.
- The practicals you can get assessed are all covered in here: make sure to learn these
- I used Anki (Digital flashcard software) and took screen shots of every spec point then used the image occlusion tool to cover the key bits. Try do the flashcards as often as you can- daily is a bit unrealistic as I had over hundred of cards i needed to review but try bang out as many cards as you can during holidays. What's great about Anki is that is spaces out your reviews so once you've committed a card to memory it won't come up for a while so you can focus on the new stuff. This is probably why towards the last few mocks I had I didn't really revise and still did pretty solid since a lot of it was in my long term memory.

2) WJEC question bank: https://questionbank.wjec.co.uk/question-bank/question-search.html
- Has all the questions from past papers for both Eduqas and the Welsh equivalent which you can look up by topic.
- Great for QER practice

3) There's not much else I personally used apart from past papers but if you go on the Eduqas website, type in Biology there's a section called resources where they have some interactive learning slides and exam walkthroughs. If you run out of past papers my teacher recommended AQA papers as they are the most similar to our spec.

This is the order I tackled all my papers this year: I only ran out of time for Paper 1 and had to rush the QER :frown:
1) Look at the QER and read it through but dont answer it right away- just keep it in the back of your mind and go back to it at the last 15 mins or as soon as you finish the rest of the paper.
2) Maths Questions : Literally free marks in my opinion except for Calibration which is a bit tricky, make sure to read them carefully- whoever wrote this year's paper made some of the questions unnecessarily complicated with all the waffling.
3)Flip through and do the questions you're most confident in- spend most of your time on these.
4)Write down key words/phrases for the questions you're not too sure about- don't spend too much time dwelling on them.
5)Tackling the QER is way easier if you make small subheadings for yourself in your answer to make sure you've covered everything.

Thank you so much!! Is the anki app free? Also good luck!!
thank you so much ! can you share your anki flashcards ?
Reply 10

- Great for QER practice

Do you think you could share your anki flashcards?

Quick Reply

Latest