The Student Room Group

Alevel with C C U predicted U's twice in biology

So Its my first time studying in England like straight away from my homeland to England I chose a level. I thought it would be similar to senior high school in my country but......no I'm very wrong. I was predicted a U in biology twice ik sounds very bad I read somewhere that why would you even study a level if your that d*mb. And now I just don't know what to do my teachers are looking at me like I was a bad student that doesn't try hard to even study. The education system here is very different to ours and I don't have any clue still about anything is should ever know since why would I ask if I don't know at the first place 🥲. They keep on telling me to ask for help but I'm never used to do asking first of all I'm shy second I'm not used to it, and it feels like they'll look down to me more. Ik I should put my pride down but I don't really genuinely know what to ask.
It just hurts that I have to undergo through this right away plus I have high pressure from my family for me to do good as I am used to be an honor student from my homeland (which makes it sound worst) I don't know what to do I'm just so down about to give up in life cause I don't think any possibilities here will work on me and anyone doesn't seem to understand my situation. Even my sociology and psychology doesn't seem to end well for me too.
Do past papers, study the examiners reports and mark schemes as well. 🙂 Also use YouTube video channels.

What are your specifications for Sociology? Psychology? Biology? Pearson Edexcel? AQA? OCR? WJEC? EDUQAS?
Original post by Ms. Trying
So Its my first time studying in England like straight away from my homeland to England I chose a level. I thought it would be similar to senior high school in my country but......no I'm very wrong. I was predicted a U in biology twice ik sounds very bad I read somewhere that why would you even study a level if your that d*mb. And now I just don't know what to do my teachers are looking at me like I was a bad student that doesn't try hard to even study. The education system here is very different to ours and I don't have any clue still about anything is should ever know since why would I ask if I don't know at the first place 🥲. They keep on telling me to ask for help but I'm never used to do asking first of all I'm shy second I'm not used to it, and it feels like they'll look down to me more. Ik I should put my pride down but I don't really genuinely know what to ask.
It just hurts that I have to undergo through this right away plus I have high pressure from my family for me to do good as I am used to be an honor student from my homeland (which makes it sound worst) I don't know what to do I'm just so down about to give up in life cause I don't think any possibilities here will work on me and anyone doesn't seem to understand my situation. Even my sociology and psychology doesn't seem to end well for me too.

Talk to a biology teacher, get a lunchtime meeting explain that it is very different from your country and you don’t know how to catch up and get their advice. At this stage you don’t need a list of specific things to ask just explain the situation like you did here and ask for help. If it makes you feel better I was predicted a U in chemistry at a level and ended up with a B

Quick Reply

Latest