The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Hello from Derby Students

Hi everyone,
My name is Olivia, I'm a current third-year Marketing (PR & Advertising) student at The University of Derby. Please feel free to ask me questions from course and university-specific to general queries about student life. I will be more than happy to help.
All the best,
Olivia
And my name is Amira, I'm a recent Journalism graduate from University of Derby! If you need to know anything to do with the course in particular, going into your final year or anything about university life feel free to ask away!

Speak to you soon,

Amira
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by Derby Students
And my name is Amira, I'm a recent Journalism graduate from University of Derby! If you need to know anything to do with the course in particular, going into your final year or anything about university life feel free to ask away!

Speak to you soon,

Amira

Hello Amira, can you believe I’ve been waiting for my cas from university of derby since may? It’s very frustrating annoying and absurd. At least they should communicate with me but no new replies to all messages sent via email. All they keep saying is we’re processing the CAS and I’m supposed to resume September. Do I even still have any hope of resuming September? No one to answer my questions.

Visa processing takes 5 weeks since priority visa has been suspended. That means I might not even resume September after applying and doing everything early and as prompt as possible. Or are they not admitting students for September intake?
Original post by Derby Students
Hi everyone,
My name is Olivia, I'm a current third-year Marketing (PR & Advertising) student at The University of Derby. Please feel free to ask me questions from course and university-specific to general queries about student life. I will be more than happy to help.
All the best,
Olivia

Hey Olivia,

I was reading a blog on ucas about starting university and it talks about getting your email login and other information to get started at uni (see below). How does this work with Derby, knowing where we need to go and what we need to do to enrol and all?
https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/five-tips-help-you-prepare-your-first-day-university
ucas
Every university has a slightly different way of doing this, but you will get an email or letter informing you of what steps you should take. Generally, in August you will be emailed your username and passwords, alongside instructions on how to access the registration area of your university website. It is important to complete pre-registration before your first day at university.

When you receive your welcome week timetable, you will find information about the date and time for your enrolment.

Thanks!
Original post by Kamsyjon
Hello Amira, can you believe I’ve been waiting for my cas from university of derby since may? It’s very frustrating annoying and absurd. At least they should communicate with me but no new replies to all messages sent via email. All they keep saying is we’re processing the CAS and I’m supposed to resume September. Do I even still have any hope of resuming September? No one to answer my questions.

Visa processing takes 5 weeks since priority visa has been suspended. That means I might not even resume September after applying and doing everything early and as prompt as possible. Or are they not admitting students for September intake?

Hi @Kamsyjon
I'm jumping in here as official university rep. Could you send me a direct message with your details so I can help you investigate what is going on here?
All the best.
Toby
Original post by University of Derby
Hi @Kamsyjon
I'm jumping in here as official university rep. Could you send me a direct message with your details so I can help you investigate what is going on here?
All the best.
Toby

How can I send a direct message on this platform? I don’t really know how to make it work. Can I message you on Instagram or Twitter? Or WhatsApp?
Original post by Kamsyjon
How can I send a direct message on this platform? I don’t really know how to make it work. Can I message you on Instagram or Twitter? Or WhatsApp?

Hi @Kamsyjon
If you go to the envelope icon that will direct you the private messages section.
Let me know if you have any difficulties.
All the best.
Toby
Hi @GC_0279420

Thank you for your query, you will be sent an email which will invite you to enrol. You will also receive a separate email about setting up a student account for your email address and university logins. All the information you need will be in these emails!

Let me know if you have any other questions! :smile:

Thank you,
Olivia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending