The Student Room Group

Official: University of St Andrews A100 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I’m a RUK student with a ucat of 3180 but sjt band 2. I have 9 x 9s at GCSE and predicted 3 A * at A Level. I’m happy with my ucat total score but disappointed with b2 and wondering how much this will disadvantage me, especially as a RUK? Is St Andrews still realistic or too risky!
Original post by rkjonas627
Hi, I’m a RUK student with a ucat of 3180 but sjt band 2. I have 9 x 9s at GCSE and predicted 3 A * at A Level. I’m happy with my ucat total score but disappointed with b2 and wondering how much this will disadvantage me, especially as a RUK? Is St Andrews still realistic or too risky!

Ofc it is if they are actually your scores that UCAT will definitely be in the 1 percentile. RUK doesn't disadvantage you too much if you are a good applicant. Its not necessarily a disadvantage just something to be mindful of:smile:
Most RUK places go to contextual applicants so don't assume a good UCAT is a shoe in.

If you want to go there, by all means apply, but at least one student with a higher UCAT (and SJT band 2) and similar academics to yours got rejected last year.
Original post by rkjonas627
Original post by bea_murray0
It sounds pretty competitive for a Scot, based on last year, but who knows what will change this year, and it also depends on which route. Maybe look through last year’s thread to see what other applicants got interviews for your fee status, route, contextual status and UCAT.

I looked at last year thread and someone with 2330(2550 with uplift) got an offer so I do have some hope towards St Andrews with 2600(2860 with uplift) they also have a high interview to offer ratio which makes me more comfortable when applying there.
hi im an ruk applicant predicted a a a and a ucat of 2780 b1, does that give me a shot at an interview? ive done some research but im not sure on competition!
Good afternoon, I an a Scottish student and have 8 national 5's at A, Higher I currently have AAAAB (appealing the B but may not get it back by SQA in time...although do have extenuating circumstances) and predicted AAA at Advanced Higher, I got a UCAT score of 2900 B1 SJT.......what do you think my odds are of getting an interview? Thank you!
Hi,

I’m an RUK applicant with UCAT 3010 band 1, applying for the England pathway, with no widening participation boost, do I have a good chance at securing an interview, or am I on the borderline of the cut off score. My worry regarding this has occurred due to the average RUK offer holder having a UCAT score of 3044 for 2021/22 entry, see the link attached.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/886678/response/2119735/attach/3/ResponseV1.0.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Kind regards,
Sam
Are graduates eligible for the 10% ucat increase?
Original post by Samlee8248
Hi,

I’m an RUK applicant with UCAT 3010 band 1, applying for the England pathway, with no widening participation boost, do I have a good chance at securing an interview, or am I on the borderline of the cut off score. My worry regarding this has occurred due to the average RUK offer holder having a UCAT score of 3044 for 2021/22 entry, see the link attached.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/886678/response/2119735/attach/3/ResponseV1.0.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Kind regards,
Sam

You should be fine for an interview, based on what I saw last year. Do bear in mind that getting an interview is only half the battle and averages don't tell the whole story!
Reply 29
Hi, I'm a RUK applicant with UCAT 2760 b2. I have no widening participation boost. I heard someone (non-contextual) got into St andrews last year with 2640 Could someone tell me if I have a good chance of obtaining an interview with my score or is it still too low?
does anyone know what the previous ucat cut off scores were?

also do u think i have a good chance applying with 2690 b2 and AAAAB at highers?
Reply 31
Is it safer to apply to A100 N route than to A100 R?
Is A100 R more competitive?
Original post by 4589
Is it safer to apply to A100 N route than to A100 R?
Is A100 R more competitive?

It is hard to speculate but it did seem if you picked no preference you would be on the England route. There will be one that is more competitive than the other but tbh I'd pick what route you want to go on rather than trying to play the numbers game. I'm on the Scottish route and I know my uni experience would've been completely different if I was on the English route. Pick your preference and if you do well enough at interview, you'll get in:smile:
Hi I’m an ROI student applying for St Andrews. I got 3060 + B2 on the UCAT and my predicted grades are 3 H1s and 4 H2s. Do you think I have a chance of getting an interview?
Hi! So is the census that is is more difficult to get an offer if you have no contextual points?
Original post by Georgiaspriggs
Hi! So is the census that is is more difficult to get an offer if you have no contextual points?

NO!!!!

Contextual points level the playing field - they don't give an advantage

Spoiler

Reply 36
Original post by _Rusty_
It is hard to speculate but it did seem if you picked no preference you would be on the England route. There will be one that is more competitive than the other but tbh I'd pick what route you want to go on rather than trying to play the numbers game. I'm on the Scottish route and I know my uni experience would've been completely different if I was on the English route. Pick your preference and if you do well enough at interview, you'll get in:smile:

so according to you which route is more competitive? Is Scottish route more competitive than England route? I actually want to apply through the route that is a bit less competitive than the other one.
Original post by 4589
so according to you which route is more competitive? Is Scottish route more competitive than England route? I actually want to apply through the route that is a bit less competitive than the other one.

It is hard to speculate so I’m not going to. Pick the route you’d prefer to go on.
Reply 38
Does anyone know how many GCSEs they score? Do they use GCSE for short listing or is it only UCAT?
Original post by 4589
Does anyone know how many GCSEs they score? Do they use GCSE for short listing or is it only UCAT?

I am also seeking the same info

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending