The Student Room Group

Official: University of St Andrews A100 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 4589
Does anyone know how many GCSEs they score? Do they use GCSE for short listing or is it only UCAT?

Original post by s.sivakumar
I am also seeking the same info

They say "Generally five A grades (numerical grade 7) in GCSE are required at one sitting to be considered for interview." But they do not score them beyond this and rank on UCAT for interview
RUK applicant
2:1 BSc Maths predicted + 2850 B1
Is it safe to apply (interested in scottish route)?

(It is the equivalent as an AAA prediction and I am not contextual)
Does anyone know if I'd stand a chance applying with a 2.1 in Neuroscience and a UCAT score of 2570 B1? Many thanks
Reply 43
Does it come up as an option as to which route you want to apply for on UCAS? I'm only asking because I replaced one of my medicine uni's with St Andrews after my school submitted my application.
RUK applicant
UCAT: 2670 B3
Predicted A*A*A with achieved A* in maths
10 9s and 1 8 at GCSE
Would these stats be enough to get an interview for St Andrews Medicine?
Original post by danai m
RUK applicant
UCAT: 2670 B3
Predicted A*A*A with achieved A* in maths
10 9s and 1 8 at GCSE
Would these stats be enough to get an interview for St Andrews Medicine?

Cut off seemed to be in the high 2800s last year, so unless you have the 10% contextual uplift, your score may be a little low
Original post by ARB04
Does it come up as an option as to which route you want to apply for on UCAS? I'm only asking because I replaced one of my medicine uni's with St Andrews after my school submitted my application.

Yeah it does, can’t remember specifically what they were but it think had the Scottish roughy, English route, no preference I think as well
RUK applicant with UCAT: 2640 B1 which will be 2904 B1 ( With 10% uplift)
Achieved AAA in Chemistry, Biology and Maths
2 9s and 6 8s at GCSE
Would these stats be enough to get an interview for St Andrews? if any one could advise. Contemplating between St Andrews and Liverpool/Aston(31.5WP) for 4th Option which is why I'm asking. Many thanks in advance.

@GANFYD
Original post by K2med2022
RUK applicant with UCAT: 2640 B1 which will be 2904 B1 ( With 10% uplift)
Achieved AAA in Chemistry, Biology and Maths
2 9s and 6 8s at GCSE
Would these stats be enough to get an interview for St Andrews? if any one could advise. Contemplating between St Andrews and Liverpool/Aston(31.5WP) for 4th Option which is why I'm asking. Many thanks in advance.

@GANFYD

Would have got you one in recent years :smile:
many thanks for your advice, so overall do you think St Andrews would be a safer option for me than the other 2 unis (Liverpool and Aston 31.5 wp) as a 4th option I mentioned?
many thanks for your advice, so overall do you think St Andrews would be a safer option for me than the other 2 unis (Liverpool and Aston 31.5 wp) as a 4th option I mentioned?

Yes, I would have thought so, though you may well interview at the others too. I just think they are riskier
@GANFYD I'm a RUK applicant with 2840 ucat B1 and no contextuals, my gcses are very strong though and have A*A*A predictions, is it worth using st andrews as one of my risky choices? thanks so much :smile:
Original post by quizlethoe
@GANFYD I'm a RUK applicant with 2840 ucat B1 and no contextuals, my gcses are very strong though and have A*A*A predictions, is it worth using st andrews as one of my risky choices? thanks so much :smile:

I think you would have missed the cut off last year, but been fine most years before that. I don't know if they cut interview numbers last year, or if they have changed the number of RUK places available, both of which would affect cut offs
(Original post by GANFYD)I think you would have missed the cut off last year, but been fine most years before that. I don't know if they cut interview numbers last year, or if they have changed the number of RUK places available, both of which would affect cut offs

hmm ok maybe I'll leave it off, I know the deciles have shifted this year... I know its hard to tell but do you think there'd be any chance at all at an interview?
Thanks a lot for getting back to me, as I was just finalising St Andrews as an option. I wanted to ask if any of the routes( I would ideally chose the English route) on Ucas are more preferable in terms of gaining interviews/offers?
Original post by GANFYD
Yes, I would have thought so, though you may well interview at the others too. I just think they are riskier
Thanks a lot for getting back to me, as I was just finalising St Andrews as an option. I wanted to ask if any of the routes( I would ideally chose the English route) on Ucas are more preferable in terms of gaining interviews/offers?

Nope, just choose where you want to study:smile:
Original post by quizlethoe
(Original post by GANFYD)I think you would have missed the cut off last year, but been fine most years before that. I don't know if they cut interview numbers last year, or if they have changed the number of RUK places available, both of which would affect cut offs

hmm ok maybe I'll leave it off, I know the deciles have shifted this year... I know its hard to tell but do you think there'd be any chance at all at an interview?

Depends how much you like St Andrews, how safe your other options are and how much risk you are prepared to take.
I like St Andrews a lot, but I would not risk it, but you are not me!
Original post by GANFYD
Depends how much you like St Andrews, how safe your other options are and how much risk you are prepared to take.
I like St Andrews a lot, but I would not risk it, but you are not me!

Still need to go to the toastie shack - haven't had the chance or a reason to go to East Sands:facepalm:
Original post by _Rusty_
Still need to go to the toastie shack - haven't had the chance or a reason to go to East Sands:facepalm:

:eek::eek::eek:
What do you do for a hangover???
Original post by GANFYD
:eek::eek::eek:
What do you do for a hangover???

Well there was one time I slept in a bush:colonhash:

East sands is like a 40 mins walk - more hungover.

If I'm hanging I'm studying whilst regretting my choices:lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending