The Student Room Group

Official: University of St Andrews A100 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Rusty_
Well there was one time I slept in a bush:colonhash:

East sands is like a 40 mins walk - more hungover.

If I'm hanging I'm studying whilst regretting my choices:lol:

A mac and cheese toastie is kill or cure (rather like a bush, I guess!).
I prefer it round that side, I must admit (and not just for the toasties and milkshakes!)
Original post by GANFYD
A mac and cheese toastie is kill or cure (rather like a bush, I guess!).
I prefer it round that side, I must admit (and not just for the toasties and milkshakes!)

Yeah I really want that chorizo one (just have to double up on the buscopan!)
Honestly the only reason I will go home is family - its just wonderful here:biggrin:
thanks a lot for getting back to me, just also wanted to ask for your views on me applying to St Andrews with 2904 B1 (with uplift)
Original post by _Rusty_
Nope, just choose where you want to study:smile:
Original post by _Rusty_
Yeah I really want that chorizo one (just have to double up on the buscopan!)
Honestly the only reason I will go home is family - its just wonderful here:biggrin:

Red Leicester and chorizo is my absolute fav!
And bring the family up to you - when we go, I usually persuade 1 or 2 to join us
Original post by GANFYD
Red Leicester and chorizo is my absolute fav!
And bring the family up to you - when we go, I usually persuade 1 or 2 to join us

Unfortunately its far too expensive for us
Original post by K2med2022
thanks a lot for getting back to me, just also wanted to ask for your views on me applying to St Andrews with 2904 B1 (with uplift)

Should be ok - a similar score to me
@GANFYD should be able to confirm tho:smile:
Original post by _Rusty_
Should be ok - a similar score to me
@GANFYD should be able to confirm tho:smile:

(I already did - you are obviously more trustworthy....)
Original post by GANFYD
(I already did - you are obviously more trustworthy....)

Just gonna say it now in case no one realised.

I know jack. I got into St A due to other people including GANFYD. Listen to them not to me.
Reply 68
RUK applicant:
2890 B2
Achieved: A*AA at A Level and 4x 9, 2x 8, 3x 7 at GCSE
Does this look like enough to get an interview? Please can someone advise, thank you!
@GANFYD
Original post by _Rusty_
Just gonna say it now in case no one realised.

I know jack. I got into St A due to other people including GANFYD. Listen to them not to me.

You know loads. And you got into St As becasue of your hard work and achievements - much deserved!
Original post by a2772
RUK applicant:
2890 B2
Achieved: A*AA at A Level and 4x 9, 2x 8, 3x 7 at GCSE
Does this look like enough to get an interview? Please can someone advise, thank you!
@GANFYD

Cut off for RUK seemed to be high 2800s last year, so it is risky, but not impossible, and cut offs have never been that high before
Reply 71
Thanks so much for your reply! Do you know how they score SJT, is the B2 is a disadvantage?

Original post by GANFYD
Cut off for RUK seemed to be high 2800s last year, so it is risky, but not impossible, and cut offs have never been that high before
Original post by a2772
Thanks so much for your reply! Do you know how they score SJT, is the B2 is a disadvantage?

They haven't ever said, that I am aware of, but B2 has never seemed to be a problem
Does anyone know what the Scottish student cut off was for 2022 entry? Or maybe the years prior?
Reply 74
URGENT

Hi, I'm a RUK applicant and my stats are:
Predicted = A*AA
UCAT = 2630 B3 but with extra 10% = 2893 - would my B3 put me at a disadvantage?
GCSE'S = 999888776D*

I meet the WP criteria of lowest 40% as my postcode is IMD4. Aside from the extra 10% UCAT increase, would i get the offer of AAB?

I have applied to King's EMDP, Southampton BM6, HYMS, & Plymouth - do i have a better chance at Plymouth or St Andrew's? I'm also looking to go down the England route and complete my final 3 years at Bart's.

Any urgent help would be much appreciated as the deadline is 6pm today. @GANFYD @_Rusty_

(edited 1 year ago)
Hello
I am care experienced student
My predicted grade is AAA
UCAT score 2570/Band 3
RUK student with no preference pathway

Do have chance for interview??
Original post by Sita2004
Hello
I am care experienced student
My predicted grade is AAA
UCAT score 2570/Band 3
RUK student with no preference pathway

Do have chance for interview??

Are you contextual?
Original post by _Rusty_
Are you contextual?

Looks like I am because of I am care experienced student
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi
St Andrew's website says they will be having interviews from late November to early December.
Is it safe to go for week holidays with parents on or after 15th december for a week?
I hope there wont be any Interviews on 15th dec I guess.
Pl advice
Hi
St Andrew's website says they will be having interviews from late November to early December and then from January 2023.
Is it safe to go for week holiday with parents on or after 15th december?
I hope there won't be any Interviews on 15th Dec 2022
Pl advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending