The Student Room Group

Official: University of St Andrews A100 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

i wouldn't risk it. I saw on medic portal that st andrews give interviews from november up until march

Original post by curiousappa
Hi
St Andrew's website says they will be having interviews from late November to early December and then from January 2023.
Is it safe to go for week holiday with parents on or after 15th december?
I hope there won't be any Interviews on 15th Dec 2022
Pl advice
Hi
St Andrew's website says they will be having interviews from late November to early December and then from January 2023.
Is it safe to go for week holiday with parents on or after 15th december?
I hope there won't be any Interviews on 15th Dec 2022
Pl advice

St Andrews website says term ends Tuesday 20th Dec. They are unlikely to have interviews on the 19/20th. I think it’s unlikely they will have them on the 15th/16th also but you may want to check with the admissions team just to make sure.
Original post by John Wick11
St Andrews website says term ends Tuesday 20th Dec. They are unlikely to have interviews on the 19/20th. I think it’s unlikely they will have them on the 15th/16th also but you may want to check with the admissions team just to make sure.

Thanks. Send them email and waiting for the reply. I called them also but the lady picked the waiting for the answer from her manager. She also mentioned as their semester exams starts on 5th December 2022 most likely there wont be any exams after 5th December.
Any one here had interview offer?
Is it true applicants scored more than 3000 in UCAT will get interview invitation first?
In years past I seem to recall that was the case for RUK applicants - basically the higher scoring candidates were the ones with the invites in the first batch and then others came a little later. There were WP candidates in among the early batches also.
has anyone received any interviews?
Reply 86
Do they take your SJT band into account when giving interview invites, or is it only used in one of the MMI stations?
I'm wondering if St Andrews give applicants a choice of when they will attend the interview between November and March. I have only started preparing today and I feel very anxious if it ends up being in late November or even early December.
Original post by hannah112444
I'm wondering if St Andrews give applicants a choice of when they will attend the interview between November and March. I have only started preparing today and I feel very anxious if it ends up being in late November or even early December.

What are your predicted grades and ucat and are you WP? If you don’t mind me asking
Original post by Dr-mario132
What are your predicted grades and ucat and are you WP? If you don’t mind me asking

Achieved grades are AAA, my ucat is 2981 b2. no im not WP.
(edited 1 year ago)
Achieved grades are AAA, my ucat is 2981 b2. no im not WP.

Oh wow, you have a really good score! You should do well hopefully!
Original post by Dr-mario132
Oh wow, you have a really good score! You should do well hopefully!

ihavent started prep so im not sure haha
Hi, I know that in 2019 for in person interviews there was no choice, and you were assigned a date and time. Not sure if it'll be different now as some are still online.
Can we request for in person interview for RUK students?
Please advice
Reply 94
Does anyone know if they take your SJT band into account when giving interview invites, or is it only used in one of the MMI stations?
Original post by docxo
Does anyone know if they take your SJT band into account when giving interview invites, or is it only used in one of the MMI stations?

Can’t remember where they use it but they do!

If you had 1 or 2 you’re fine. I know some people who got in with a 3
Original post by _Rusty_
Can’t remember where they use it but they do!

If you had 1 or 2 you’re fine. I know some people who got in with a 3

When in November they start sending interview invitations?
When in November they start sending interview invitations?

Well last year the first interview that was posted on tsr was on 12th of nov (so basically Friday of this week) I think since ucat scores have been given to unis we’ll start hearing by the end of this week or start of the next. Also St. Andrews doesn’t rlly do Scottish applicants until jan but pretty sure that RUK students start hearing from November
Original post by todayyy04
Well last year the first interview that was posted on tsr was on 12th of nov (so basically Friday of this week) I think since ucat scores have been given to unis we’ll start hearing by the end of this week or start of the next. Also St. Andrews doesn’t rlly do Scottish applicants until jan but pretty sure that RUK students start hearing from November

Thanks
Looks like in 2022 total RUK applications went up to 562 in all the three routes compared to 2021 intake total applications of 463

Did they offered more deferred places in 2021 intake

I can see offers of RUK applicants lower than previous years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending