The Student Room Group

Has any one chosen Alevel art history? No idea about how to write an essay

Has any one chosen Alevel art history? No idea about how to write an essay and can't find any resources (cry out loud)
It's not a commonly offered A-level so you might not find too many doing it also - but your teacher should be able to help you in the meantime and hopefully some others doing it will find this thread and give some more advice :smile:

In general I'd expect basic essay structuring apply - intro, main body divided into paragraphs, conclusion, signpost through out the essay where you are going with your argument, use PEE (point, evidence, explain) as a basic structure for your main body paragraphs, etc. Try and put secondary literature in "conversation" with each other (e.g. "X author said Y about this piece, however Z author would disagree saying W..." or, "A author said B and C author supports this position saying D...") and yourself (for that basically a "they say, I say" approach).

That's what I tried to do for my art history module last year for the essays in the exams and it went pretty well for me, but I know A-levels can have quite specific/restrictive marking criteria so make sure to check with your teacher for feedback often!
Original post by artful_lounger
It's not a commonly offered A-level so you might not find too many doing it also - but your teacher should be able to help you in the meantime and hopefully some others doing it will find this thread and give some more advice :smile:

In general I'd expect basic essay structuring apply - intro, main body divided into paragraphs, conclusion, signpost through out the essay where you are going with your argument, use PEE (point, evidence, explain) as a basic structure for your main body paragraphs, etc. Try and put secondary literature in "conversation" with each other (e.g. "X author said Y about this piece, however Z author would disagree saying W..." or, "A author said B and C author supports this position saying D...") and yourself (for that basically a "they say, I say" approach).

That's what I tried to do for my art history module last year for the essays in the exams and it went pretty well for me, but I know A-levels can have quite specific/restrictive marking criteria so make sure to check with your teacher for feedback often!

Thank you for advice!
Reply 3
Hello you can reach out to my guy (Twitter--@prof_gwer) he offers academic assistance (top notch)...He can be pretty useful tool in case of tight schedules!
Hello, I used to have same kind of problem but was referred to a website for tutoring it is called studywriters.net there is a WhatsApp number you can chat with them from the website to see if they can assist you on this. I trust they will.
Hello,,you can reach me through +1 616-358-2353,,I can offer my assistance
Reply 6
inbox me for quick assistantnce
inbox ASAP
https://wa.me/message/JBAPVAPMZOT6M1 message me on the link below

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending