The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham applicants 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BubblesBB
Has Nottingham begun giving out offers yet? If so, what course please. (asking for a friend) Thank you.

Hi, yeah they have started to, I have an offer for Archaeology and Classical Civilisations : )
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Ambernana1612
Hi, yeah they have started to, I have an offer for Archaeology and Classical Civilisations : )

Congrats and thank you!
Thinking of applying for Sports Science but it's rated the lowest for student satisfaction and course. Any ideas why? Would love to hear from any Sports Science students there.
Original post by Anonymous
Course: Pharmacy, Pharmacology(leeds)
Universities: Nottingham, Newcastle, Cardiff, Leeds, and Manchester
A levels: A*AAA ( gap year applicant)

Update with offer!
Original post by mnot
Hey!

Are you applying to Notts in 2023?

Introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying

Application details ice-breaker questions

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with
@StrawberryDreams

i applied to classics!
thinking of royal holloway as a backup
applied with A*AA
12 GCSEs with 7s and 2 6s
competitive rowing, youth council, sociology prefect
Original post by Ambernana1612

Hey!! i applied and got an offer for Classics, wanna be friends? :smile:
Original post by mnot
Hey!

Are you applying to Notts in 2023?

Introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying

Application details ice-breaker questions

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with
@StrawberryDreams

Hey!

What course are you applying for: Medicine
Reply 67
Original post by dc2005
Has anyone applying for International Economics and Economics had any offers?

It's typically an 80% offer rate but I've just had my York offer so I'm anxious! Would love to know if anyone has heard from them yet.

The course isn't heavily applied for (I read < 80) so maybe they send offers out later to be judge all applicants simultaneously.

Hey I just got an offer for economics and international economics. 18/11/22. This was my first offer. Good luck !

I got an offer yesterday
Original post by Michael_k21
Just got an offer for electronic and computer engineering sooo excited

I got an offer too. Applied a week ago. Is this going to be your first choice? It might be mine if they give 3 years accommodation. I think I read you can secure from the beginning.

I got an offer yesterday
I got an offer too. Applied a week ago. Is this going to be your first choice? It might be mine if they give 3 years accommodation. I think I read you can secure from the beginning.

Yh most likely it'll be my first choice
Dam it was only less then a year ago i applied notts, and i was in this position. Currently a first year doing chemeng.
Notts is vibesss.
Good luck everyone :biggrin:
Original post by roset190
Thinking of applying for Sports Science but it's rated the lowest for student satisfaction and course. Any ideas why? Would love to hear from any Sports Science students there.

Hey,

I am a current 4th year at the uni of Nottingham.

I had a really good experience with my accommodation in first year (most people move out to 1 of 3 popular student areas in 2nd year onwards).
I lived in self-catered accommodation (which is all off campus) called St. Peters court. There are also some recently built accommodations that will be modern and probably more high spec than some of the others.
That being said all of the accommodations I visited to see friends had everything you could need and were quite specious.
I have left a link below where you can have a look at each accommodation and see what they offer and where they are on and off campus.

If you have any other questions just let me know,
Emily :smile:

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/options/

I got an offer yesterday

Hey,

Congratulations on your offer and if you do have any questions about the uni, city, accommodation etc just let me know,
Original post by EmilyClarke24
Hey,

Congratulations on your offer and if you do have any questions about the uni, city, accommodation etc just let me know,

Thanks, that's super helpful. Do you know if they can offer 3 years? So in terms of paying for this, is the weekly rent based on when you are attending lessons only? Or do I have to also pay for the Christmas, Easter and half term holidays? When are the end of year exams? I assume I don't pay any rent for 3 months summer holidays.
Thanks, that's super helpful. Do you know if they can offer 3 years? So in terms of paying for this, is the weekly rent based on when you are attending lessons only? Or do I have to also pay for the Christmas, Easter and half term holidays? When are the end of year exams? I assume I don't pay any rent for 3 months summer holidays.

Hey,

I am not 100% sure if you can sign up for 3 years at the start of uni but know you can apply again and renew a contract each year. That being said a lot of people tend to move out into houses or flats as they are often a lot cheaper and you have your own living room, kitchen etc with people you know and like rather than sharing common spaces with strangers again.
The weekly rent is based on a specific weekly term contract. Some accommodations (especially self-catered) have a longer contract as you are allowed to stay in halls over half terms etc whereas catered accommodations require you to move out. You don't have to pay when you are not there but it is all broken down into instalments.
The exams seasons are at the end of January and also in May/June. You will be able to move back in for them and they won't make you leave or have a contract that runs out before the agreed end of exams date.

I have left a link below to the accommodations page where you can have a look at options, contracts, prices etc but if you have any more questions just let me know,

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/index.aspx
(edited 1 year ago)

This is a formal rental agreement, you pay for whatever you sign for… most people in halls pay from September to mid-June. Their are some contracts that allow you to move out for xmas & easter (but then you’ll have to move everything out). Their is no half term at university. You wouldn’t want to commit to any more then 1 year at most at a time (probably).

The university has 3 main exam windows in January, May-june & late August. You will most likely have exams in January & may-june. You basically sit a module then have 2-3 weeks then the exam. August is typically for resits if those who have failed some exams.
Original post by shazza72818
Hey!! i applied and got an offer for Classics, wanna be friends? :smile:

Hey,

Congratulations on your offer!
I am a current 4th year at the uni of Nottingham so if you have any questions about the uni, city, accommodation etc then just let me know,
hi i applied for kcl (offer), nottingham (offer), sheffield (offer), ucl, exeter on 11/11 w predicted grades a*aa
got an offer today for psych from notts:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
got an offer for english a few hours ago :smile:
Original post by JeaniBeani23
I applied on the 9/10 but I'm trying not to stress about it haha.

I got my offer after a week and 4 days so you’ll be fine!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending