The Student Room Group

How long do offers take?

I submitted my UCAS application today, and I'm a little antsy. I'm American and applied to Manchester, Chester, Winchester, Kent, and Nottingham Trent. Some people say it takes days (which sounds ridiculous to me but that would sure be nice), while others say it won't be until the end of January. Has anyone had experience with this? I know it might sound odd, but I really want to get into Chester. The tuition fees have successfully wooed me.
It really depends on the University and how they process the applications. So you could get some quickly and others much later.

Good luck!
Original post by Islee
I submitted my UCAS application today, and I'm a little antsy. I'm American and applied to Manchester, Chester, Winchester, Kent, and Nottingham Trent. Some people say it takes days (which sounds ridiculous to me but that would sure be nice), while others say it won't be until the end of January. Has anyone had experience with this? I know it might sound odd, but I really want to get into Chester. The tuition fees have successfully wooed me.

Your response can range from hours/days to next May dependent on the university. I suspect most of yours will be before Christmas but I might be wrong
Lots of universities won’t start processing applications until students for this year are all enrolled (so mid-late October).

On average it takes 7 weeks between application and decision.
Hi @Islee,

As the others mentioned, it might take between days to months for a university of reply with an offer letter.

All universities will have to complete the enrolment process for 2023/2024 students, then from mid-October or early-November they will start looking at 2024/2025 applicants. Unfortunately, it all depends on how many applicants the admissions team is working through.

But most of the time you'll hear back before March. So there is a chance you'll already hear back in January 2024 if not December 2023.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending